Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mr. knowitall

another ceramic washer thread

ok , i am new here and only signed up a week or so ago and wanted to say how cool it is to have a forum like this, i am also a member of r.s.warrior. com and it is a lot like this although rswarrior is for the yamaha warrior motorcycle but i can tell right off the bat that there are a lot of good people here as there are on the bike site but let me get to the reason for my post: i have a new 07 rxt , my brother went to the stealer today for the tag and reg. (he has one too) and checked with the mechanics to pick their brains about the ceramic issue and the response was that they have heard a little about it but havent really experienced many failures so now i am even questioning if i would even want to take my ski back there for anything because they dont seem like they know a whole lot about the product they are dealing in and quite frankly i am beside myself with brp that they are still sending these units out with these ceramic washers in them. what the heck or they thinking? they are willing to risk engine failure with skis that are still under warranty? doesnt make sense and the more i think about it the more i want to call the home office and get into somebodies a$$ over this . now maybe i dont know all that i should about why they would still be building these boats and shipping them out with the ceramics in them but this just doesnt sound like smart buisness to me. thanks guys for letting me vent

+1
    welcome to the forum

Welcome, there are a couple of things BRP should be raked over the coals for, check out my recent post about the flywheel bolts

Either find another dealer or learn how to work on these yourself. I knew I wouldn't be taking my ski in for service after one of the mechanics told me you didn't need to hook up a hose when running out of the water because of the closed loop system.

I have since found a mechanic worth his weight in gold about an hour away, thanks to this forum.

+1
    Hey SBC, im here in J'ville. Have a few RXP buds that live here also. We are stage 2 and stage 3 RXP'S If you ever need a hand, well be glad to help with replacing the ceramics(GET RID OF THEM A.S.A.P)

sbc, welcome to the board bro!...PR...

mr. knowitall
    hey rendog thanks for the offer and we might need your help. my bro has ordered them and should be on the way and i'll sleep alot better once this has been done. what part of jax. are you in? were in mandarin and usually launch either at mandarin park on julington creek or by hooters on san jose blvd. and sometimes down to volano bch.

Welcome SBC!! I ride in Jax too!!

+1
    We ride there quite offten . Lafjax,Turbo Todd, and I were there not too long ago! I live of Beach Blvd near San pablo and Turbo Todd is actually staying in Mandarin right now off Greenland Rd.

mr. knowitall
    hey rendog i see i have a pm from you but for some reason my comp. isnt cooperating but i see you are real close. my bro has the rxt red ( big jonson) and i have the rxt in black and yellow, i have stripped it of all the decals so if you see us on the water give us a shout

+1
    ill give ya my # in a pm!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information