Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New impeller rubbing on new ss wear ring...

I just installed my new impeller in the pump and found when I rotated it, it rubs really bad on the ss wear ring. Rubs so bad I have trouble getting it to turn a full rotation. Is it my pump internals (ie bearings and seals in pump housing?) Whats the deal......?

Its going to be a tight fit ...Ive had a lot of luck using the freezer method / make sure it goes it straight !!! if its turning then you should be ok ... If its not even turning Then u have an issue

yeah, I put the wear ring in the freezer then installed it. It went on just fine with a little push. But when its all installed in the housing and not on the RXT yet. Its just too hard to turn. HHmm ... Any ideas of what the issue could be?

+1
    Is 1 blade rubbing all the way around or is there 1 blade rubbing on 1 side or all blades rubbing? Try inserting a thin piece of paper. like a phone book page and see what is rubbing.

From what I gather from this site it could be the pump shoe being misaligned. Lot of people saying that If it's off by a little bit, then performance goes down.

Could he possible benefit from a good front engine mount, and possible engine aligment with the tool they sell at SBT guys?

+1
    The way I understand him the pump is in his hand rubbing?
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow4 View Post
    From what I gather from this site it could be the pump shoe being misaligned. Lot of people saying that If it's off by a little bit, then performance goes down.

Could he possible benefit from a good front engine mount, and possible engine aligment with the tool they sell at SBT guys?

Oops, Sorry about that guys. I didn't understand. If the it's binding against the side of the wear ring. metal on metal can't be good. Is this a tolerance issue. Meaning Every where has a slight difference in thickness as well as props? Has that prop been repaired ever.

mine was repaired by local guy. Then cavitated like crap. too much space between a new wear ring and the "fixed" prop.

Yes, Im holding the pump in my hand. The Brand new solas 14/17R is only rubbing on a 3 inch portion of the ss wear ring. And its only one blade that is doing it. Its to the point now where i can just barely make it past this certain spot with alittle bit of strength behind it.

+1
    if its only one blade then get your file out and start filing. but first check to see if the blade is bent

Is it really ok to file away just one blade. Wont that throw the impeller off balance?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information