Thread: RPM Reduction

+1

RPM Reduction Please help

Out Yesterday Riding in alot of chop for many miles on return only 7800/7900 rpm before running 8150 with Jerry's washers and a Rotax SC wheel . Checked the clutch slip when hot with the SC in place by means for the nut on the wheel 4 nm so very low .

Removed SC checked when cold 8nm , no signs of wear all measure up to spec even 5 washers are ok so re shimed back to 12/13 nm cold .

Have done 15 hours since fitting metal clutch washers ? Have SS wear ring and all looks fine .

Has this happend before to anybody . or is there more to look for, Does it sound like just the clutch ?
    Thanks
    Steve
    Last edited by steved; 07-15-2007 at 09:19 AM.

Dont judge me...
    heat soak?

My 04 does the same thing. When I first take off I can turn 8000 no prob but after I ride for a while I can usually only get 7900 to 7950. I guessed it was some heat soak and I live in St Louis so it is usually fairly humid. I have checked my slip and I think I am at about 7nm so I guess I may need to shime and possibly replace the spring washers?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanJ View Post
    My 04 does the same thing. When I first take off I can turn 8000 no prob but after I ride for a while I can usually only get 7900 to 7950. I guessed it was some heat soak and I live in St Louis so it is usually fairly humid. I have checked my slip and I think I am at about 7nm so I guess I may need to shime and possibly replace the spring washers?
    Thats possible for me I was surprised at the slip when it was hot or lack of it

Steve

I'm down ln the 7900 range also, but it's 95 degrees and humid. It's pissing me off. I'm scared to race anyone.

Dont judge me...
    i live in north fl and it is hot here too, but i did get better results with a thermostat. it really does help alot.

steves the exact same thing happend to me ,on saturday rough as hell,i got smoked by 2 stock skis on smooth when we went over to kent,i ran a 64 on way in ,gave her a view runs and she went up to 68-69,i knew i was high on oil,i put it down to that,i have taken oil out havent run her yet but if you had same thing must have been something else,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rior1 View Post
    steves the exact same thing happend to me ,on saturday rough as hell,i got smoked by 2 stock skis on smooth when we went over to kent,i ran a 64 on way in ,gave her a view runs and she went up to 68-69,i knew i was high on oil,i put it down to that,i have taken oil out havent run her yet but if you had same thing must have been something else,
    Sounds like it I rebuilt My SC and refitted it i have all the parts to re-shim it . Does not sound like oil to me , Mine was fine but can from Wat to Thorp and back to much chop for these. Let me know how you get on .

Thread Information