Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PPG resonated powerpipe or Riva thru-hull exhaust???

OK, i am ready to do some more mods to my stage 2 RXT, my blueprinted 14/19 depitched to 11/17 IR solas prop is going to Jerry's way this next week to let him do his magic job to see if i can regain the missing 300 peak rpms's that i lost with her vs my stock prop on my back to back testing last year, the new R/R reflashed ECU is comming very soon and i would be upgrading my current exhaust set-up by either installing the PPG "resonated" power pipe or the Riva thru-hull rear exhaust, just not sure which one would perform better for my current set-up, GP, swear in his web site a performance advantage with this pipe over any other aftermarket exhaust system including his own non-resonated pipe, i would like some input here since this would be the last mods that i would put to my ski and if by any reason i am not satisfied with the results and can't even break the elusive 70MPH in our year round 80 to 90 deg. and high humidity "heat soak" weather (caribbean) my ski would be for sale, currently my best top speed is between 68.5 and 69 MPH (GPS) @ 8100 peak rpm's with the ski very low in fuel, also GP claim a performance advantage with the "stock class" R/R ECU vs. the "racing version" again i would like your input here, i am not planing to do any other internal engine mod to my ski in the future since i read in this same web site and others that the R/R cam and head porting job are not the "best bang for the buck" mods if you consider all the $$$$$$ involve in this two mods, thanks in advance for all your help, Ray

+1
    I haven't experienced it myself- but I hear that the power pipes have a very annoying resonance at around 3000 rpm. I am going w/ the Rotax thru hull.

Can't help w/ the ECU's... sorry.

+1
    I absolutly love my power pipe! It sounds awesome. I didn't have to drill a hole in my ski either and for me that was a plus.
    I wouldn't get caught up with resonated and non resonated!

I believe there is one in the classifieds sections for a RXT, GTX and he only wants $75 bucks. So go that route first.

+1
    Here ya go. Jay is a great guy to deal with also.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3610

Quote Originally Posted by Vman
    I haven't experienced it myself- but I hear that the power pipes have a very annoying resonance at around 3000 rpm. I am going w/ the Rotax thru hull.
    Yes, i read this info also, just wondering if anyone know if both the "resonated and non-resonated" version have the same annoyin resonance @ 3000 rpm's? thanks, Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire
    Here ya go. Jay is a great guy to deal with also.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3610

Thanks, for the info, the price is just right, but i would rather try the "resonated" version first, thanks, Ray

i have the non-resonated and i love it. yes it has a resonance @ 3000 rpm's but it doesnt bother me too much. i was going to go with a thru hull but i think im going to switch to a resonated this summer to see what its like. besides i dont like the idea of drilling holes in my hull.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    THRU HULL!!!

I've ridden skis with all 3 pipes, and am running a thru-hull on mine. Better looking inside the engine compartment, less cluttter, better sound, less annoyance... THRU HULL!!!!

Don't forget about the ROtax Racing Power FLow... it's the same thing as a PPG power pipe, and you can get it in Jerry's online store.

don't give up on that ski just yet Ray...I doo understand we are in totally different climates, but sometin just ain't dialed in properly in my opinion... I have a ton of parts getting installed over the next 2 weeks, plus there are some great things coming to the market over the next coulpe months

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    THRU HULL!!!

I've ridden skis with all 3 pipes, and am running a thru-hull on mine. Better looking inside the engine compartment, less cluttter, better sound, less annoyance... THRU HULL!!!!

Don't forget about the ROtax Racing Power FLow... it's the same thing as a PPG power pipe, and you can get it in Jerry's online store.

don't give up on that ski just yet Ray...I doo understand we are in totally different climates, but sometin just ain't dialed in properly in my opinion... I have a ton of parts getting installed over the next 2 weeks, plus there are some great things coming to the market over the next coulpe months
    Steve, this was the info that i was looking for, THANKS BRO, you made my day, i already have the Riva thru-hull in my garage just wanted to be sure if this was the best "all around" exhaust mod before we start the drilling in the hull, in fact i know very well what are the 3 missing links in my stage 2 set-up, 1) the new reflashed R/R ECU 2) a good blueprinted aftermarket prop whith the "right specs" for my set-up and weather conditions 3) the 158 deg thermo to avoid heat fade, i should be testing all this mods as soon i recieve my prop back from Jerry, thanks you all for your input, Ray

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    hey Ray... did i understand your post way up top correctly?

""14/19 depitched to 11/17 IR"" ... you had a SOLAS 14/19 that was repitched to 11/17 specs?

how is your acceleration when you nail it wide f'n open from a standstill?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information