Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1

    250 is losing power

    I was out riding today and the ski was not running right. A couple times running at wot the rpms would drop and the ski wouldnt want to rev up again. Also at idle it started to spit and sputter a little bit. (i hope its just the plugs) I really dont want to have to have this thing sittin at the dealer the rest of the summer.


  2. #2
    SeaDoocer
    Guest
    Don't think the worst yet, it sounds like the plugs..that shouldn't take long to fix if it is.

  3. #3

    Thumbs up Tip

    Quote Originally Posted by mooneyb91084 View Post
    I was out riding today and the ski was not running right. A couple times running at wot the rpms would drop and the ski wouldnt want to rev up again. Also at idle it started to spit and sputter a little bit. (i hope its just the plugs) I really dont want to have to have this thing sittin at the dealer the rest of the summer.
    Check your intercooler...
    You probably have water in it...not coming from ingested water, but certainly from condentation...

  4. #4
    SeaDoocer
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Whooper View Post
    Check your intercooler...
    You probably have water in it...not coming from ingested water, but certainly from condentation...

    Whooper,
    I posted back on another thread about this. How can you check for condensation and how is this happening with the water?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    71
    Check your intercooler for leaks, check your oil dipstick for water in the oil, my boat did the exact same thing come to find out i had two blown intercoolers...

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    S. Florida
    Posts
    508
    how does one check their intercooler for leaks?

  7. #7
    BR549's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    lake of ozarks
    Posts
    154
    its the plug. mine did the same thing. replaced the darkest colored plug and it will be ok. i have had two plugs go bad so far.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    201
    Man...I am going to order a set and keep them in the boat. This is happening too often. Is everyone the same model that came in the Jet Ski? I know people have tried others, but I'm just not sure if I want the same plugs in there...

  9. #9
    GODOSIDIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    735
    Quote Originally Posted by BR549 View Post
    its the plug. mine did the same thing. replaced the darkest colored plug and it will be ok. i have had two plugs go bad so far.
    Same cylinder?
    i had a plug gone bad once at the rear cylinder (belt side).
    I was wondering if people get bad plugs at the same cylinder...

  10. #10
    BR549's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    lake of ozarks
    Posts
    154
    no mine was # 2 & #4 cylinder at different times. just replaced bad plug.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. think this is a power valve problem?
    By wakewhornc in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 08:49 AM
  2. 2002 Virage I loses power
    By jbpcfi in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2008, 07:01 PM
  3. Losing Power
    By nobbyq in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-03-2007, 04:20 PM
  4. accessories intermitently losing power
    By Bamafanatic in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-22-2007, 11:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •