Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Rude Charger Metal Washers Blown After 16 Hours How Many Hours Are People Getting

Would Love Some Help With This

I Have A 07 Stage 3 Rxp With 16 Hours On The Rude Charger And The Washers Are Smoked.

Running Strong Today But Low Boost 11 Pounds And 77.4 On Gps Then Nothing And 6300 Rpm,s

What Are Guys Seeing From These Washers??

Maybe I Got A Bad Charger Because I Have Never Felt The Arm Wrenching Boost That Everyone Talks About

Thanks For Any Help

Quote Originally Posted by TIBFIB View Post
    Would Love Some Help With This

I Have A 07 Stage 3 Rxp With 16 Hours On The Rude Charger And The Washers Are Smoked.

Running Strong Today But Low Boost 11 Pounds And 77.4 On Gps Then Nothing And 6300 Rpm,s

What Are Guys Seeing From These Washers??

Maybe I Got A Bad Charger Because I Have Never Felt The Arm Wrenching Boost That Everyone Talks About

Thanks For Any Help
    What do you mean by "Smoked?" Are the washers gone? Is the charger damaged? Do you have some pics?

+1
    Im with Red Devel. Why have we not got any pictures yet. Take that thing out and lets see it!

For me it took just 6 hours to washers and the gear to be totally destroyed (brand new Rudes SC). The gear lost all its running surface and the washers melted and lost 1/4 of their thickness. I'm racing in heavy conditions but still.....

One advice if you run hard your boat: use BOV. That will probably save you quite a lot washers.

Iceman

It seems that people are quick to blame the washers or the S/C itself. Not that this is being implied, but, shouldn't the hard core riders/racers be monitoring the condition of the supercharger anyway after a few hours? Seems like a visual inspection, or slip check would give an idea of an upcoming failure.
    Last edited by Red Devil; 07-15-2007 at 03:00 PM.

Of course you have to inspect the washers (and the whole SC) between every race (even between each moto) to be sure that the SC will last the next 12 laps...

But still 6 hours....

Iceman

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    But still 6 hours....

Iceman
    Well, call me crazy then . I am just a rec rider with an EMS GTX with a B Kit and I don't think I ride more than 10 hours without yanking the supercharger for piece of mind.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    Well, call me crazy then . I am just a rec rider with an EMS GTX with a B Kit and I don't think I ride more than 10 hours without yanking the supercharger for piece of mind.

hI GUYS

THE WASHERS ARE BLACK WE RIDE IN A LOT OF ROUGH CONDITIONS AND I DO USE A BLOW OF VALVE.

I JUST THOUGHT I WOULD GET MORE USE OF THE CHARGER

NOT SAYING THE CHARGER IS THE ISSUE I RIDE THE THING HARD,JUST WONDERING HOW OFTEN I NEED TO SWAP THE WASHERS

THANKS FOR THE HELP

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    thats a good idea. Easy to pull and a piece of mind to make sure everything is still in check

well if you going to think along those lines, then it is simple task to just check the slip moment for us rec riders as well! I have about 20 hours on my GH metals and have watched the boost gauge all the time and no loss of boost so far...but I don`t mash the snot out of the ski either...PR...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information