Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

you think your hull is bad

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Last Friday this Bombardier RXP ski completely delaminated. I hit nothing. I didnt have an accident. Just riding around and the ski jerked left. I didnt understand what was happening until I got it on the lift. At first I thought I must have hit something, but I never felt anything. I had no idea what happened until I ask the hull experts. They tell me humnidity and bad resin. They pointed out a small area where there was blue putty under the gel coat where something happened at the factory. I went on the internet and saw that this happened to many others as well. This has happened to so many people that they switched to composite hulls in 2006. So Sunday, I took my Bombardier GTXL Ski out. The engine blew up, but these nice coast guard ladys gave me a free tow back. The GTXL is a "951" engine and they are known as "the timebomb". Two skis in 3 days!.
    [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Below are photos of the the entire delamination of a Bombardier Craft. VIN # ZZN45693C404 [/font]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	659.2 KB 
ID:	31550   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image4.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	698.9 KB 
ID:	31551   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image5.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	705.0 KB 
ID:	31552  
    Last edited by apactorpedo; 07-15-2007 at 07:48 PM.

Again another time bomb I had the same happen to me and currently working on gettin it fixed.

good luck to you

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Those pics were posted here a long time ago. The hull already had major issues. Some kind of patch job was attempted before he took delivery of the boat. If you notice in the pic there is a gash in the gel coat that he said is delam. 1/16 inch wide by 2 inches long surrounded by gel coat on all sides.

Thats my hull and it didnt have major issues. It happened a month ago and it tore off as I rode around. The patch job was where the factory puddied the ski and it is tiny.

Plus when you have a small hole or hit a log or scrape your hull, you simply should not loose 25 s/f of hull and have $6,000 in damages. You simply should ahve a small hole in your ski which you can fix for $600.

Mike

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    So blue filler that has never been seen on any another ski is not an issue. I wish you could grasp the fact that no one says the entire side was ripped off by impact but rather water pressure. The problem is the mysterious gash that appears in your picture that you wont post a better picture of but say it's not from collision.

$6,000 in damages? Who you getting estimates from? Can get a comparable ski for $7,500.
    Last edited by NCHeel; 07-17-2007 at 07:12 PM.

I think the hulls still suck with all the stress cracks that appear from wacking a wave here and there.
    Having said all that, I agree with Ncheel on your RXP, xRXPmike.

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by apactorpedo View Post
    ...Just riding around and the ski jerked left...
    It jerked left?...

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    ...and I'm with Steve, the hulls aren't the best ever made. There seems to be contributing factors to every delam that could be avoided. If it was the hull alone I'm sure one of the monster 80+ mph ski's would have seen some kind of major catastrophe by now, but instead it's the mid 70's everyday, beach them on the shore, ride them all day, ski's that have had the problems.

If the delam or washer issue bothers anyone that much, sell your ski and start seadoosuxs.com and bash on the manufacturing process there to your hearts content. This is a 4-tech performance site not sea-doo.net.
    Last edited by NCHeel; 07-17-2007 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    ...and I'm with Steve, the hulls aren't the best ever made. There seems to be contributing factors to every delam that could be avoided. If it was the hull alone I'm sure on of the monster 80+ mph ski's would have seen some kind of major catastrophe by now, but instead it's the mid 70's everyday, beach them on the shore, ride them all day, ski's that have had the problems.

If the delam or washer issue bothers anyone that much, sell your ski and start seadoosuxs.com and bash on the manufacturing process there to your hearts content. This is a 4-tech performance site not sea-doo.net.
    Zackly, bra!

I dont know anything about fiberglass. When this happened I went to experts and learned a lot, but I agree that Its hard to do internet diagnostics. The blue putty is from the factory where it was dropped. It covers 5 square inches in the front. THe patch is not connected to the other 25s/f of delamination and it is not connected to the good side which is ready to let go.

There is no mysterious gash. There is a strip of delaminated fiberglass 1/2 inch wide by 6 inches long along the bottom. I agree from a photo, it may look like a gash, but it isnt.

NCHeel, my point is very simple. Even if I hit something(and i didnt) I should not have 25 square feel of delamination, a good side that is ready to delaminate (where there is no patch or even a fine scratch)and a totaled hull.

The other folks that this has happened to, my dealer, the dealers fiberglass guy, my fiberglass guys, and a few folks at BRP all agree that this is a defect and that the ski is totaled. My argument is who pays? I think BRP should pay and they say "no warranty". I will either settle and shut up or file a class action suit. What I wont do is smile and walk away from a ski that I paid 10+k for and bend over. Its not in my personality to do that. I'm more incline to hang this ski from a crane for a few days near the CBAA or NBAA trade show with a sign that reads "Bombardier QA dept isnt"

I live at 752 oak grove road in severna park maryland. Come by, Take a look and Ill provide you with a beer and a hamburger. PM me and Ill give you the owner of the dealer & phone number and you can ask the dealer themselves.

The bottom line is that I wish I had hit something. I would not be so mad.
    Last edited by xRXPMike; 07-20-2007 at 12:35 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information