Thread: Hull Repair

Unhappy Hull Repair

What is the best way to repair the hull. Near the front of the hull on the bottom right on the arch there is a hole about the size of a quarter.

Can I just use fiberglass and then apply some gel coat. I know I need to do alot of gel coat on the bottom but was waiting for a winter project but now it needs to be done asap.

Is there anyone local in the Dallas area good with fiberglass or whats the best for me to use and can someone recomend a reputable vendor.

Pics to come soon as camera recharges enough to take them

This ski when I got it had all the scratches and gouges when I got it but I thought I could make it to winter so I could repair ir and do a custom paint job but I guess I was wrong

Last edited by rfjr23; 07-15-2007 at 07:22 PM.

+1
    I would start by sanding the area and then working it with a dremel. Get the area nice and clean, and just dremel out any rough edges or nasty stuff.

Then I would just get some fiberglass, and some two part hull repair epoxy, like the good stuff you would find at west marine or another good marine store. Maybe get some white dye for the epoxy too.

The only issue I see here is the epoxy dripping all over the place, so if you can get the hull flipped over, or at least on its side, you would probably be in business.

Once it all dries, sand and finish to your preference!

+1
    just sand it up and get some fibreglass gel for now if you plan on redoing it later or just a little resin and mat and it should be good .

Thanks for the quick reply. Just got back from putting the ski up. Was a great day untill I seen that. Run 20 gallons of fuel through it today and an I going to be sore and burnt to a crisp.

Got a good place near me called West Marine. Gonna stop by there tommorow after work and see what they got in stock.

I do plan on redoing it during the winter but I would like to go ahead and do it on a m ore perminent basis that way I can do touch ups later.
    Last edited by rfjr23; 07-15-2007 at 08:31 PM.

Thread Information