Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

help SC IMPELLER

Do I need to move the waterbox back?? I believe I do...what should I loosen on the exhaust...pics would be good thanks

Peter

+1
    Loosen the stainless gooseneck from the exhaust manifold. It's that funny looking clamp with a plastic sheath around the bolt. Remove gooseneck. Then remove the rubber strap on the waterbox. That's it. Just push it to the back of the hull.

Here is a link was some useful info in regards to removing the water box. http://www.greenhulk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=347

my PIC IS BETTER ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scexhclamp_207.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	124  

Nice Pic

+1
    ah yea Crazed. I remember making that pic for you

sc impeller

Thanks for the pics guys.......WHat a pain in the ass that was. I don't want to sound stupid, but I worked on that for 45 minutes. The screw would not drop down. I was doing everything possible. But some stupid luck, I had my screw driver pryed in the back of it and then I realized that it was loctited. The bolt then dropped and I was able to get it off. What a day.....anyway......I have the SC on the stand and I have taken off the stock impeller. I have scrapped off the old sealant on the sealing surfaces. Can I use the black max RTV for a sealant?? I don't have any 5910. Also should I be putting any lube anywhere when I reinstall the SC. WHat is that blue grease that I was seeing when I pulled the SC out?? Should I be using never seize on anything? THanks for the help

Peter

That is probably the antiseize that you are seeing. You will need to put some where the two orings are where it goes back into the engine. There may be enough there to do the job already it just keeps it from binding while reinstalling. The sealant you have will be fine just put a very thin coat be sure to clean every thing. Do not put anything on the screws and be sure to to torque to 88 inch Lbs or 7.5 ft lbs or 10 nuc. meters.Use loctite on the screws the hold it in the engine.
    The impeller torque at 22 ft lbs or 30 N.M

RXPNJ,

You are not alone on this one. That screw you are referring to kicked my ass the exact same way. If you have the "spring installer tool" that will also make your life easier putting the waterbox back. My arms and hands looked like they went through a glasss shredder when I was finished. Here is a paste of what Hulk sent me when I had the exact same questions as you:

"Once you get the SC out mount it to the service mounting plate and use a vise to hold it. Unbolt the 9 screws holding the two half's together. Then use something to tap the top tab to break the seal loose. Once the half's are separated use the shaft holding tool to hold the shaft secure and then loosen the impeller nut (left hand threads) Once the nut is off the sc impeller comes right off. Replace it with the new sc impeller, reuse the old flat washer and install the new sc impeller nut. Use some Permatex ultra Black on the mating surface of the two half's and you are good to go! (use only a very thin layer of silicone)"

I sent mine to PPG for the upgrade and impeller install and Glenn told me that the blue greasy stuff helps the supercharger go in and out more easily. I noticed when I got the S/C back, it was still there, so leave it during the install process.

Good Luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information