Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    If shes got boobs or a throttle, I'm on it! badvinny's Avatar

Thanks Jerry for the Green wheel!

I just got my Charger back from Jerry, I have been scared to run my boat with the crap washers and got a green wheel while it was at Jerry's. So I finally made a new 4"intake too, refit the rectifier and gave the engine compartment more air too. This is me now , I am a happy man. Just bought this boat and it was slow stock, really bummed me out, but now its running 49mph and it only has 8-9 hrs on it so I hope it loosens up a bit more. But I need to say thanks to Jerry

49mph?

Uhmmm...what kind of ski?

Not that that makes any difference. Any supercharged ski should be over 65mph

A 180Cs Challenger boat not a ski (I double checked, this is the boat forum). 2 people in the boat and its showin 6-7 mph more now, I dont normally like to do more than 1 mod at a time on my stuff so I could tell what improved the most, but I have been waiting to do this for a while. What I can really tell is way more acceleration and topend. I figured the stock SC clutch was slipping since it would only pull 7200-7400rpm and I could turn the SC by hand even though it took a little effort, washers were ok and not cracked or broke. Now it rev's to 8000rpm instantly and pulls well, I know the Challenger isnt a speed demon but now it feels like it should and GPS said 49 at 7800 when it was about 30 degrees Celcius (HOT). Jerry was right on his game with the install and shipped it back the same day which got it to me for the weekend, big plus for him considering the dealer here has never even seen the tools required for this job.
    Last edited by badvinny; 07-16-2007 at 11:45 AM.

Thumbs up

Badvinny, nice to hear that...i got an 05 C180 who was just purchased few times ago, i just ordered from Jerry these parts to fit in my supercharger:

1x set ceramic ball bearings
    1x set new needle bearings
    1x set metal clutch washers
    1x set new spring washers

So i'm about to upgrade this for the start, then i was seriously considering to move on the 4 inch intake mod and also later on (at the end of the season) because i'm on vacation with the boat right now so time/money is precious, purchase that green wheel and then hook it inside the supercharger....so i appreciate a lot your feedback.

I'm also interested in a future more Speed oriented pump impeller + a stainless wear ring for the pump.

If you could PM me some pics of your intake mods (if you want to share) it help me out a bit with that.

Thanks again for sharing your feedback from the mods...C180 modders are quite rare here so it's fun to get some feedback...!

I dont have pic's right now cause the boats at the lake. Here is where I got my silicone 3" to 4" x 45degree adapter (I got a 90', but I think a 45 will fit better) http://www.siliconeintakes.com/. They will also sell you a 3" and a 4" tbar hose clamp(cheap but good quality), and you will need 2 new clamps for the intercooler hose if you remove your charger. a 4" filter of you choice and a 3" x 22.5degree ABS elbow(the OD of the elbow is 4" so a perfect fit) With these parts at less than a $100 you get real good gains. You will need to open your engine compartment vents and you should fit the regulator into the drivers side vent. A beer can of your choice will fit the original hose fitting inside if you slit the top of the can, bend a small breather hole in the top of the can, then ziptie it to your old intake box bracket. I will try to get some pics for you later.

I still don't understand that thing about the regulator....and openiing up the engine vents...and for that beer can...well...i think pictures would help us a lot more, can you help me out to understand a bit better...?

Thank you in advance...!

My boat probably comes home after this weekend, maybe I can take pic,s then for ya!

+1
    Glad the Green Charger worked out well for you Vinny

Thanks for the business!

Quote Originally Posted by badvinny View Post
    My boat probably comes home after this weekend, maybe I can take pic,s then for ya!
    Vinny, let me know when you've got pics, bacause i want to keep the cold air intake, but i didn'T touched the regulator yet, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...!

Here are some oic's of my Intake mod's. The rectifier is move into the port(left) side vent, also you will see some round holes to increase incoming air to the engine bay.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Diefenbaker Lake,July2007 002 (Small).jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	39880   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Diefenbaker Lake,July2007 001 (Small).jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	39881   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Diefenbaker Lake,July2007 006 (Small).jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	39882   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Diefenbaker Lake,July2007 005 (Small).jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	32.4 KB 
ID:	39883  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information