Your starting to know your ski when

You can be riding along enjoying the day and all of a sudden know there is something wrong with your ski. I had this happen today. I was giving a friend a ride back to the boat ramp and suddenly shut it down knowing I had an issue. My freind said I was nuts because he didnt feel anything different. I jumped in the water and felt around until I found the culprit.

One of the plugs that fill the bolt holes on my pump shoe came out and about 1/4" of the rope I wrap around the bolt was hanging down. I pulled it the rest of the way out, knocked out the one on the other side and all was well again.

Not only was it not like that before I left but I knew the exact second it happend. Is that considered attentive or anal retentive???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by porksword View Post
    You can be riding along enjoying the day and all of a sudden know there is something wrong with your ski. I had this happen today. I was giving a friend a ride back to the boat ramp and suddenly shut it down knowing I had an issue. My freind said I was nuts because he didnt feel anything different. I jumped in the water and felt around until I found the culprit.

One of the plugs that fill the bolt holes on my pump shoe came out and about 1/4" of the rope I wrap around the bolt was hanging down. I pulled it the rest of the way out, knocked out the one on the other side and all was well again.

Not only was it not like that before I left but I knew the exact second it happend. Is that considered attentive or anal retentive???
    Thats very intuitive. What did you feel different that made you stop and check?

It felt just like a very slight cross wind, but I knew I was heading south and any wind yesterday was coming out of the west but my nose drifted a little to the right which would mean east winds.

+1
    Me and Duke have talked about this very same thing. I saw him jump off at MB and reach under and pull a bunch of moss out the grate.

A while back I felt something was different, and found a stick wedged between the ft. grate wing and the hull.

You just get to know your ski. That's why I always preach to run one set-up and keep perfecting it.

+1

Talking bottom of ski's

One of the plugs that fill the bolt holes on my pump shoe came out and about 1/4" of the rope I wrap around the bolt was hanging down. I pulled it the rest of the way out, knocked out the one on the other side and all was well again.------------------------------------------------------------------
    This goes to show you just how senesitive the bottom of these ski's are. If one plug filler plug is out and 1/4 " of rope hanging down changed the feel for the driver. This is why we spend so much time under our ski's and not under the seat working on the motor, The Fountain Boys

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    One of the plugs that fill the bolt holes on my pump shoe came out and about 1/4" of the rope I wrap around the bolt was hanging down. I pulled it the rest of the way out, knocked out the one on the other side and all was well again.------------------------------------------------------------------
    This goes to show you just how senesitive the bottom of these ski's are. If one plug filler plug is out and 1/4 " of rope hanging down changed the feel for the driver. This is why we spend so much time under our ski's and not under the seat working on the motor, The Fountain Boys

Thats a very good point Tommy.

+1
    Your Anal Attentive Thats All

Well I guess thats better than being anal receptive.

Thread Information