RR Front Engine mount

I've had a problem with cavitation on holeshots, and when I installed the new 158 stat last week found lots of calcium type water spray in a boat that stays DRY! I was thinking it may be a combination of the carbon seal with help from movement. I was thinking of replacing the seal and adding the RR mount, but was warned by friends that if it was too stiff, it could cause hull cracking. Does anybody have any ideas on this?? Does everybody have lots of cavitation on hard starts??? My engine is stock, but I have everything else, everything. (ECU, intercooler, inlet, etc.)

+1
    I just ordered the front mount for my ski. I'll let you know how it goes.
    I really don't think you will see a problem with hull cracking though!

Re: RR Front Engine mount

Quote Originally Posted by terryt
    I've had a problem with cavitation on holeshots, and when I installed the new 158 stat last week found lots of calcium type water spray in a boat that stays DRY! I was thinking it may be a combination of the carbon seal with help from movement. I was thinking of replacing the seal and adding the RR mount, but was warned by friends that if it was too stiff, it could cause hull cracking. Does anybody have any ideas on this?? Does everybody have lots of cavitation on hard starts??? My engine is stock, but I have everything else, everything. (ECU, intercooler, inlet, etc.)
    RR mounts all 3 is a must .. because the orijinal with heat let the engine move alot and when it cooles down makes the rubbers after a few months start to crack,

I pulled my battery and looked at the front engine mount. It looks like it has a sturdy base with 1 hex bolt on each side. Then a rubber bar and the engine sits on top of the rubber bar with a hex bolt.

Where is the point of failure on the stock engine mount, the rubber, the bottom hex bolts, the top hex bolt.

I can put epoxy on the base or top if it's not very sturdy but I can't fix the rubber and would need to order the RR.

Let me know this front mount has my paranoid and I like bulletproof.

Thread Information