Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ram Air Mod

+1

Ram Air Mod

Looking at the pics, I am assuming that you have to take the front removable storage unit out. Is that correct? Do you just cut the holes and get the SLP Snap-in Flow-Rite Intake Kite from R-Rated? Is that the whole process?

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Go look at Skips blog, there is a step by step in there.

+1
    I already checked that out Tn. Does the front storage tray need to be removed for this to work? If so, is it safe to store the same things that I normally do in the front storage area without the storage tray? I have some rope with hooks on it to tie up, a light bagged pwc anchor, and some small hull huggers.

+1
    I just did this this past weekend. If I do it to my other skis I will just dremel out the front and use a hole saw where the pictures show to drill them.

Wash everything out and blow with air, preferrably a lawn blower to get all the shavings out from the drilling.

I would not disassemble anything if I did it again. There is nothing to see really and there is no need to take anything apart.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by JWilson View Post
    I just did this this past weekend. If I do it to my other skis I will just dremel out the front and use a hole saw where the pictures show to drill them.

Wash everything out and blow with air, preferrably a lawn blower to get all the shavings out from the drilling.

I would not disassemble anything if I did it again. There is nothing to see really and there is no need to take anything apart.

Jason
    That is not a bad idea... you could probably use a vacuum with narrow tip to get some of the shavings via sucking instead of blowing.

Taking the hood apart has been the only thing holding me back from doing this mod.

Curtis

+1
    Taking the hood apart is easy. Getting it back together was the hard part. There is some bracing near the rear of the hood where the holes go I would try and avoid. I drilled two 2" holes and probably should of done 3".

If you want I could measure the distance for the centers of the holes to ensure you miss the bracing.

Also, another tip I learned this weekend. Depending on the hole saw used and its blade count you may want to drill the initial hole for the bit in the forward direction. Once the blade touches cut it in reverse. It makes a much cleaner cut/burn.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by erckawasaki View Post
    I already checked that out Tn. Does the front storage tray need to be removed for this to work? If so, is it safe to store the same things that I normally do in the front storage area without the storage tray? I have some rope with hooks on it to tie up, a light bagged pwc anchor, and some small hull huggers.

No ,that area is not effected by this at all, all the air movent is above the actual hood.And I see no need for Flow Rites for this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by JWilson View Post
    Taking the hood apart is easy. Getting it back together was the hard part. There is some bracing near the rear of the hood where the holes go I would try and avoid. I drilled two 2" holes and probably should of done 3".

If you want I could measure the distance for the centers of the holes to ensure you miss the bracing.

Also, another tip I learned this weekend. Depending on the hole saw used and its blade count you may want to drill the initial hole for the bit in the forward direction. Once the blade touches cut it in reverse. It makes a much cleaner cut/burn.

Measuring everything would be great for myself and also for anyone else that doesn't want to remove the hood piece. Any and all measurements will be great.

Curtis

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cue03 View Post
    Measuring everything would be great for myself and also for anyone else that doesn't want to remove the hood piece. Any and all measurements will be great.

Curtis
    Cutis,
    Looks like you can drill a little to each side of the hood latch bolt. I have not done mine yet. I'm gonna pull the hood and the black plastic piece under the hood to see for myself. I have some Flowrites but don't know if i'm gonna install them. I am going to wait and see how much (if any) water gets through to the holes.
    Jimmy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flowrite.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	31862  

+1
    No flow rites are needed there, trust me.I have 4 holes across the area.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information