Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Warranty Question

Well i recently installed The riva Air intake and the power flow Exaust. Then i am out on sunday riding and the supercharger clutch went out. Let me tell you I am furious, This is the second time and the ski only has 35 hours. Last time it went out it had about 15 or 16 hours. I am starting to believe that this might happen every 15 to 20 hours. My question is are these to mods going to void my warranty?

+1
    Brad, no it wont void your warranty and your cluch should NOT be going out that soon. Someone is not building it right!

Get the parts under warranty to build your supercharger and I will rebuild it for you.

Thanks jerry. That would be great I am not sure what the dealer does but i dont think any of them are the sharpest tool in the shed.

Jerry they told me at the dealer that if I did that and had you put it in There would be no more warranty on the supercharger, unless they do the work. Are you going to say bull shit on that. Should I be talking to Bombardier about this or my dealer.

+1
    Well, they do have a point there. I wouldn't mind having a look at the supercharger once they build it. I would give it a visual inspection and also check the slip moment before they reinstall it into the ski. Would they have an objection with that?

Also, make damn sure they go thru your oil pumps in the event the ceramics came off the shaft.

Why not call up ppg? if the ceramics haven't gone through the engine ppg will rebuild your sc under the warranty. All you would have to do it remove the sc and mail it to them.

I will let you know on that one. I am going to be tacking it over to them on wednesday. So what your saying is let them rebuild it. Then bring it to you and let you double check. I would like to do that.

+1
    I would be happy to do it for you Brad.

You live close enough to jerry to just drive over there? shit you should take it there before AND after, just so he can see what kind of a mess it is currently. If the ceramics are gone the dealer may give you a dog and pony show while they rebuild it......never even cleaning the oil pumps.

well I spoke with the dealer and I dont think he licked the idea of having someone who is not a authorized dealer look at it. He made a comment about maybe not being able to tell if you had done something. He would void any other claims. What a jackass. You would think after the problems that I have had he would be a little more undrstanding.

Second issue I asked if they would be taking the oil pump apart and checking for the ceramic washers if they in deed did disenegrate? He did not know the procedure so he put me on the phone with the tech that does the work. He tells me what they do is check for oil pressure and determin weather it is good or not. My reply was if they disenegrate they have to go somewere. If the oil pressure is good they call it quits. If it is bad they would go threw the oil pump. My concern is it still shows good pressure and the washers are in there doing damage.

I am very concerened about my dealers service. Being that the ski only has 34 hours on it. Jerry my suggestion is let him do his thing and then bring it to you to look over. I would feel much better I would be willing to help and also compensate you for the extra time that it might take. I am really interested in learning from the master since I might be doing this after my warranty runs out in five months. My biggest fear is that the pump doesn't get checked and in five months the engine blows. I am out of a ski. I do not think the dealer would go to bat for me with bombardier if this happened because of these washers.

I would really appreciate your help and knowledge on the subject.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information