3 x 1800 feeding my obsession sconti stellari's Avatar

plate tuning order

I am looking for the easiest and fastest way to get to my sweet spot with my ff Plate! I started with the directions and placed the shims up front, runs fine except needs more hook up in the rough. i added .020 more up front and got the bounce. my question is, is there some sort of order i should be using? like when i get the bounce add to the rear and then go back to the front. and when should I tune in the trim tabs after the plate!

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sconti stellari View Post
    I am looking for the easiest and fastest way to get to my sweet spot with my ff Plate! I started with the directions and placed the shims up front, runs fine except needs more hook up in the rough. i added .020 more up front and got the bounce. my question is, is there some sort of order i should be using? like when i get the bounce add to the rear and then go back to the front. and when should I tune in the trim tabs after the plate!
    Hello sconti stellari, If you are running stock sponsons make sure them are stepped. Once you shim the front of the plate like the instruction say then the front is done leave them alone, And if you still have a bounce put 20 thousands shims in the rear and try it. You can add 20 thousands at a time till you find your sweet spot for your ski then you are dialed in. If any questions please give me a ring. Thank you, Jim

i do have another question. when i measure the plate to the shoe at the lowest point (on the sides) I get a difference of about .030
    .075 gap on the left and .o46 on the right. I measured all the washers out to be perfect under the plate. Is it possible the pump shoe is out?
    or is this normal thanks again!

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by sconti stellari View Post
    i do have another question. when i measure the plate to the shoe at the lowest point (on the sides) I get a difference of about .030
    .075 gap on the left and .o46 on the right. I measured all the washers out to be perfect under the plate. Is it possible the pump shoe is out?
    or is this normal thanks again!
    Could be the pump is off a little maybe to much sealer when you sealed the shoe and did not compress evenly. Could be the intake grate because the straight edge rests on the intake grate to. I would not worry about it just take a measurement right down the middle.

Thanks Jim, for helping put my mind to rest!

Thread Information