SLT 750 Ride Plate?

Will my mostly stock SLT benefit by adding an aftermarket ride plate?

Wankel till I die!! jonjonwells's Avatar
    Will improve your handling, but can have an adverse affect on your top speed. As long as you stick with one that is stock length, you should be fine.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ace16a View Post
    Will my mostly stock SLT benefit by adding an aftermarket ride plate?
    What benefits are you looking for? like he said, ^^^^ better handling. You may be able to squeeze a little more MPH depending what plate you buy.

I'm looking for better handling. I saw one on ebay by Lake Cities Polaris. Is that one any good?

What Year SLT. I found out the hard way that there is some differances in years. I bought one and BeerDart bought one from the same guy and the same brand, but his is a 95 and it fit perfectly, mine is a 96 and will not work without lots of modificatations. Just be carefull.

I've got a 94. What can be done to improve the overall performance of these ski's? I've got ocean pro flame arrestors, new intake grate, blocked off the oil pump, and going to have bigger main jets this weekend. I'd like to put an aftermarket waterbox on but can't find one for an slt.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I am pretty sure you can get a waterbox that is made for the SL with the same motor. I am assuming you either have a 750 or 780, so try and find one for an SL and that should work the same.

BarefootPolaris

+1
    Lake Cities plate http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Polar...QQcmdZViewItem And the Ocean Pro http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OCEAN...3877QQtcZphoto Save your $$$ and don't get the aftermarket waterbox. Very little gain in performance, but ALOT of gain in noise. Maybe look into a pump wedge for more MPH or handling.

I got the Lake Cities one but will probably get the Ocean Pro in the future, it looks like it will help a lot more than the Lake Cities one. What's a pump wedge and how does it work? Also, where can I find aftermarket heads?

+1
    OP all the way for better handling. Pump wedges go between the venturi and stator/pump. It points the nozzle up (unless you mount it upside down, which works the opposite way) and lifts the front of the boat out of the water giving more speed and "claimed" better handling. They come in different degrees depending on what you want. Better explenation http://www.hotseatperformance.com/ps...081&CATID=258: And forget about finding heads unless you get lucky on Ebay. BUT you can have your existing heads done by a number of places, Randy at Watcon is one, and I'm sure Sharpe's Marine can do them also. I believe Randy does them for around $40 a head (high compression only) and a little more if he needs to machine them for larger pistons.

Thread Information