Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultra-vs-RXT

Ultra-vs-RXT

Not here to bust chops.
    Finally squared off with the ultra,bone stock,15 hrs
    Medium chop,Dead stop,finsh line @ the "tower"(3/4 mile or so)
    @ start,the ultra catapulted ahead 4/5 lengths "easy".First thought was, WTF!,is this race already over.Started making up some ground @ top end & got 2 lengths ahead @ finish,but it wasn't easy by no means.
    So with all my mods,this guy "almost" hands me my ass!
    Noticed during the race that the Ultra has outstanding hookup.When I was "skipping",he was "slicing".
    I'm friking impressed!
    There's going to be an Ultra in my shop in 2009,(unless somthing better comes along)
    By the way,A gpr triple pipe came along an hour later & devastated EVERYBODY!...Go figure

By the time we figure out how to make the top end match the bottom end performance, Yamaha will have something to serve us all a ass wooping.

08 is looking to be the year of SC power houses from all three manu.

Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    By the time we figure out how to make the top end match the bottom end performance, Yamaha will have something to serve us all a ass wooping.

08 is looking to be the year of SC power houses from all three manu.

Sounds like you think Honda will have a SC'd ski in 08 ????? The other two must be able to keep things super secret because I would have thought someone would have got a spy photo of something by now,,, press releases for 08 is just around the corner... We knew Kawi had the 250 right around this time last year... I also don't understand all the hush hush if they do have something in the works,, you would think they would want some positive rumors floating around to keep a potential buyer like me thinking...
    Last edited by Chris288; 07-17-2007 at 09:38 AM.

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    I just need to find a way to make my RXT hook up like the ultra.

+1
    A 13/18 3 blade goes a long way in holeshot.

I was speaking of SD, Kawi, Yama.

Honda has been playing there own game from the start of their watercraft line.

Im sure manufacture keep things quiet during the season as to help dealers sell off inventory they already have on the floors. I for one would be pissed if I had 10 GPRS for sale and then Yami releases early information about a better model comm ming. It would for sure have potential buyers holding off.

Yep, i'm on the fence as we speak,,,, Blue ultra 250 or wait and see what Yammi comes out with, as I won't ever own a BRP product...

I just dont know how Yammi can keep a potential new ski so secret,, I would have thought something would be leaked if they developed a SC'd ski... They would have had to do hull and motor reliability testing like Kawi did w/ their SC'd race ski's...

buy the kawi, great boat! if something better comes along get that then. dont waste time/life waiting there will always be something a little better "coming soon" the kawi is an exellent ski. ride it

I really believe the 250 is a great rough water ski and with a riva plate and wedge should be pretty close to 70 which is o.k with me,, it's just that the 250 is SOOOOOOOOOOOO BIG !! kinda want something along the the RXP length of 120" not 132....

Just a H-20 HO....Need I say More! Mykull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 01xdime View Post
    I just need to find a way to make my RXT hook up like the ultra.
    Josh, You need pile a stack of cinderblocks on the back of your ski to keep the pump hooked up... JK It was nice meeting up with you at the Freedom Ride and runnin against your ski. Mike

Also take a look at the posting for the Freedom Ride Sec.....click on link at bottom of post 41 and you will find abunch of pictures of us on the ride.
    Last edited by Mykull; 07-17-2007 at 11:39 AM. Reason: ADD

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information