Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

2007 Seadoo RXP: SC Clutch Failure

Hi All

well the worst fears are here.....my clutch on my RXP has gone [email protected] my 10 hr break in period inspection i wanted to get these washers, however my order was placed on backorder.....**sigh**....so i figured heck only just broke it in....no worries....gawd......i guess what i am looking for is what options i have now....i do have warranty....but they are just going to fix the problem with the same engineering placed into the ski already......and who knows when i can get those metal washers.....and also who knows how much damage to the engine occured.......at this point i just want my money back......the RXP was a great ski....i loved it....just its in the shop and we have clear skies and +80 temps....haha....i know there is some pics already posted....but i would like more to see what other types of damage this failure did......thanks guys....

pouting!!

Kris

Sorry to hear it!

Make sure that your dealer fixes it properly!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mcrowley View Post
    Sorry to hear it!

Make sure that your dealer fixes it properly!

hhahah yup i am pretty much boned on that issue...they didnt even know that this problem existed.....not alone know whats the scoop with it....bah i want my money back

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    boy....you 2007 owners need to swap dem biotches out before it's EVER fired up........these damn things are breaking REAL SOON.

must have some new employee on the assembly line this year!

It's almost to the point that I don't even feel bad for people who are in the know and still run stock clutches.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanCucf View Post
    boy....you 2007 owners need to swap dem biotches out before it's EVER fired up........these damn things are breaking REAL SOON.

must have some new employee on the assembly line this year!

It's almost to the point that I don't even feel bad for people who are in the know and still run stock clutches.
    Man I agree. There are way more early 07 failures than in the 04-06 models. You would think time would lead to improvements. I guess not.

As if it needs to be said for the millionth time, A proper break-in starts with replacing the ceramic washers.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko View Post
    Man I agree. There are way more early 07 failures than in the 04-06 models. You would think time would lead to improvements. I guess not.

As if it needs to be said for the millionth time, A proper break-in starts with replacing the ceramic washers.

see and thats whats wrong with this picture.....proper break-in procedure shouldnt have ppl placing mod's on their ski's...i know if you want it to be "bullet proof" you do what you have to do......but really.....how many years has SD have to make a solution to this problem?!?.......I MISS MY RXP!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SaskRXP07 View Post
    see and thats whats wrong with this picture.....proper break-in procedure shouldnt have ppl placing mod's on their ski's...i know if you want it to be "bullet proof" you do what you have to do......but really.....how many years has SD have to make a solution to this problem?!?.......I MISS MY RXP!!
    Yes, you are right. It shouldn't be this way. Unfortunately it is. So we just have to add $100 to the price of the ski and install metal washers.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    don't misunderstand me.....I don't IN ANY WAY defend BRP.....it's bull they have these problems. however, it's good financial sense to make the change to metal along with other major changes so they don't have to justify the change alone to correct an error on their part.

You are right, you shouldn't have to change anything in a new craft to make it not blow up under normal use, but knowing what we know, it's just as much on us as them at this point.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanCucf View Post
    don't misunderstand me.....I don't IN ANY WAY defend BRP.....it's bull they have these problems. however, it's good financial sense to make the change to metal along with other major changes so they don't have to justify the change alone to correct an error on their part.

You are right, you shouldn't have to change anything in a new craft to make it not blow up under normal use, but knowing what we know, it's just as much on us as them at this point.

It is very much on us as consumers to look out for our own.....so its it unreasonable to ask for my money back......IMO its not.....excuse the comparison...but if you buy a pair of shoes and the soles fall off within 20 hours of wearing them you would take them back and get your money returned to you........i know i am comparing shoes to skies here....but they are both consumer goods......its a bad comparison i know.....just super rattled about the situation...hahahahahah....so the saga continues!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SaskRXP07 View Post
    so its it unreasonable to ask for my money back......IMO its not.....
    You can ask, but I can give you the answer you will get....

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information