42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sell it.

19 45.24%
  • Leave it in garage for time being.

23 54.76%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sell the 250x?

Sell the 250x?

Money's been tight lately. Can't decide if I'm going to hold onto the ski or sell her off to someone that will be able to use it more often.

I love the ski, have not had any issues with it.

The gas is expensive. I understand the "pay to play" saying. It's not the issue of the price of gas or how much the 250x drinks. Putting the gas in doesn't bother me, I just find myself running from storms each evening and running WOT for 30 minutes to get home. Which to me isn't too fun, I'm not enjoying the ski, rather enjoying being alive when I get back inland to the marina.

I'm just torn between keeping it and letting it sit in the garage for a bit while I get my other financial shit together. Or just sell it and not have to worry about it.

I told myself before I bought it that I would NOT do any of the simple mods, but got carried away rather quickly. I do that with everything. I can't buy a transam and leave it stock for more than a day.

Soooo Hold off and see what happens? Or sell it and forget it?
    Last edited by Arcolog2; 07-17-2007 at 02:11 PM.

I have always gone by the theory that if you don't know what to do then do nothing. That way you will not make a decision that you may regret later on. I know this does not answer your question but it should give you something to think about.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    ride sooner in the day, before the storms roll in...

Arco, sorry to hear you have to consider sellin your Ultra. I agree with Rhorne tho, don't rush into it. Why not just stop moddin for a while and save the doe. I'm bummed cuz I was countin on you tellin me what engine work to do this winter. If it helps tho, I will agree to store your Ultra safe and sound in my garage til this bout of anxiety passes. Option 2: I see from the TN Ride Edition that the CG just took possession of a fleet of Ultras to run in Alaska. How about puttin for transfer to AK? You could work & ride on Ultras all day and get paid! Or get your CG buddies to shuttle our Ultras out to you and we'll go look for that missin nuke off Savannah coast. That would be great adventure. God bless, I hope all works out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CG in Ride.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	198.3 KB 
ID:	31886  

Thumbs up Don't Sell!!

I'd have to say, Save it! Look at it like a Buick Grand National, Or Impala SS 94-96, They just get better with time. The Ultra Get's and Demands reaspect!!, I have a red one, with 8 coats of Wax on it, It did'nt look this good when I took delivery of it!! lol I now have 17hrs on it with out a glitch, other then less $$$$ in my pocket from the gas tabs. What makes it all worth it to me is that out of the 12-15 times i've been out in various water ways here in Detroit there hasen't been ONE TIME! that someone hasen't made a complimentry comment about it!, Mostly with 80% of them comming from other Jet Skiers, with different brands. Big John

Quote Originally Posted by Arcolog2 View Post
    Which to me isn't too fun, I'm not enjoying the ski, rather enjoying being alive when I get back inland to the marina.
    Sell it and buy another later if you want to. Its a very expensive toy if you don't enjoy it. Its not getting more valuable that's for sure! Take your lumps now.

+1
    Did you pay cash for it or are you making payments? If I were having financial problems, I'd get rid of it in a heartbeat.

Take care of your finances or trade it for something else other than a ski. Something you will be happy with. I traded 4 quads that we loved for the 2 ULTRAs and havent looked bak. We just were not riding them much anymore. Its all about fun isint. No sense in keeping it laying around if you know you are not gonning to use it.

If the toy stays in the toy box it isnt much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by rhorne1053 View Post
    I have always gone by the theory that if you don't know what to do then do nothing. That way you will not make a decision that you may regret later on. I know this does not answer your question but it should give you something to think about.
    good advice..

+1
    ask yourself if you did not own it would you buy it

if the answer is no then sell it

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information