Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Intake Grate or Prop? GTI SE

My fatherinlaw bought a 2007 GTI SE (155hp) and a 215hp Wake ed.

I usually ride the Wake, and it's great fun . I had a 99 Yamaha GP800 before with a few goodies... Protec Grate, Riva Ride plate and a Solas Concord cutback prop.

The GTI seems to have a problem with the pump. There are less than 15hrs on both machines.

It's not cavitating.... I believe it has a problem with hook-up. Here's the description...

Riding in medium chop, probably 12-18inches.... The GTI kinda goes thru the chop, the waves are too close together to really get air, but the GTI kinda lands into the next wave, and the pump kinda makes a screech sound as it hits the wave front, as if the force of the boat hitting the water is putting too much (?) water into the pump.

Is this normal for a GTI? if so what do I need to buy (argh) to fix it.

P

Sorry Petee,
    I wish I could give you an answer, but I'm new too. I just got a GTI-SE 155 and 130. I have been reading the forums alot and found that if you dont have an RXT, RXP or a GTX-SC you pretty much get ignored. I wish it was different, so others could help us newbies out.

Don't worry Ghostwolf.... There are bound to be more 155 and 130hp owners out there...

I really like the cruising comfort of the new SeaDoo hulls....

I really REALLY like the Super charged engine.....

I am not too sure about the pump on the lower hp models though.....

P
    Last edited by petee_c; 07-18-2007 at 12:56 PM.

I don't think you are getting ignored, just that most people here have a SC model SeaDoo so they can't answer most questions reaqlted to the GTi's. Same thing if you go buy parts for the GTI, very hard to find since not many are making them. I had a GTI first then bought the RXP. My wife does not care about speed much she just likes to enjoy the ride so she rides the GTI, I like speed and like to turn a wrench so I got the RXP.

The screetch sound is normal. I would check your wear ring out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Len View Post
    The screetch sound is normal. I would check your wear ring out.
    Doc,

Thanks for the reply. The machines are supposed to go back to the Marina for their 10hr checkup, so I'll mention it to them....

I've only ridden the GTI twice, so I can't say if the screech is something new, or something that has always been there....

I think my GP800 may have had a screech once or twice, but only riding in big 18"+ chop.

Thanks again,
    P

Yea, I wish they had more upgrades for the GTI's. You think there would be since the GTX and RXT come in a 155hp model now. I love the way my GTI handles, I can out corner my friends RXP's. Now I just need alittle more power. I know most will say I should've bought an RXP in the first place, but I was just happy my wife finally said I can get a ski but she gets one too. So she got the 130 and I got the 155.

Ghost, that is because upgrading a turtle is pointless... lol.... If i knew what i know now, i would have either bought an 05+ GTX LTD or 05+ RXT... slower motors will never get you where u want to go

Quote Originally Posted by GhostWolf7017 View Post
    Yea, I wish they had more upgrades for the GTI's. You think there would be since the GTX and RXT come in a 155hp model now. I love the way my GTI handles, I can out corner my friends RXP's. Now I just need alittle more power. I know most will say I should've bought an RXP in the first place, but I was just happy my wife finally said I can get a ski but she gets one too. So she got the 130 and I got the 155.
    PWC'ing is sickening.... .it's about the addiction to speed.

Having ridden both the GTI and the 215hpGTX.... the GTI doesn't chime walk at least.....

I was happy with my 1999 GP800, which maxed out at 58mph GPS with 1/4 tank of gas.... alas, it is gone, but not forgotten. I ended up selling it to my sister and bro-in-law who store it at my parents cottage which is only 10mins away from my wife's cottage by seadoo.

Do u get the screech from the pump while playing in chop?

Peter

Nope my ski's have never made that sound, but I am off the throttle when I catch air. Trying to be careful, still less than 10 hrs on them. Do the intake grates give better hook up than stock?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information