Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: sonic booms

+1

sonic booms

what are they?what do they do? whats the price? whats the performance gain?

Quote Originally Posted by MDGPR View Post
    what are they?what do they do? whats the price? whats the performance gain?
    Hello MDGPR, Sonic Booms are gp1300 throttle bodies that i fully port and machine to install velocity stacks on them.. They give a big boost on low and midrange power, and results on top end are generally from 80-110 rpm, and 1.0-1.3 mph over any other induction combination out there. They do not incorporate a flame arrestor and are a maximun horsepower modification.
    Do a forum search for results from over 20 forum members who are using them.. I modify your existing throttle bodies and can usually do a 2-3 day turnaround back to you for 375.00 complete, all parts, labor and return shipping.. If you would like more info shoot me a PM or feel free to call me..
    Thanks,, Ross

+1
    cool let me get through this race weekend and gather some monmey and i will give you a call.

is this a direct bolt-on or do i ahve to change some other things. im sur eil have to change my efi settings and maybe pithc up but other then that is this all?

if i understand correctly my power plenum airbox will be ditched?

i think it would be pretty easy to take off and on from when i did my reeds, i just have to undo the fuel lines and then undo the clamps and they slide out right?
    Last edited by MDGPR; 07-17-2007 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MDGPR View Post
    cool let me get through this race weekend and gather some monmey and i will give you a call.

is this a direct bolt-on or do i ahve to change some other things. im sur eil have to change my efi settings and maybe pithc up but other then that is this all?

if i understand correctly my power plenum airbox will be ditched?

i think it would be pretty easy to take off and on from when i did my reeds, i just have to undo the fuel lines and then undo the clamps and they slide out right?
    Yes, there is no cover over the stacks, there is nothing else to change, and you are right, once you remove the pipe, just slide the rack of throttle bodies off the rubber intake boots, remove the fuel rail and your done.
    The midrange punch they add will make you think your on a different ski..
    EFI settings vary, and you will have to experiment again to see what works best, generally they dont change much, but always richen it up and then start dropping down while reading plugs and rpms to see what your ski likes the best.....
    Ross

+1
    MDGPR..........these TB's work! Im VERY happy with mine. Ross is a great guy to work with. My mid range is stupid! You will be very happy.

.................................................. .................................................. ....

I had mine sitting on the porch last night at 1:30am when I got home from work. At 3:00am they were installed from start to finish and the ski fired right up with no issues. You only need to remove the pipe that holds the cat and not the U pipe. Also it makes it alot easier to work with if you unplug the fuel line at the fuel tank to give you some extra slack (its just a clip with a cover).

I cant wait to see how they work on my ski. My previous setup was open airbox with no lid and the stock rubber stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    MDGPR..........these TB's work! Im VERY happy with mine. Ross is a great guy to work with. My mid range is stupid! You will be very happy.
    Ewe should have just said "There faster than a Speeding Sheepskin"
    Believe me,EVERYONE wd have known what "EWE" meant

TB's

Very responsive great mod and great guy to deal with. I had Ross modify 2 sets and we picked up about 80 rpms. You will love the mid range unbelievable.

Throttle bodies

Great Mod, you will love them. They pull strong and better top end. Great guy to work with.

just buy them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information