Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

rotax power pipe and riva wedge

Hello All
    Great forum, have lernt heaps from everyone,I have a 04 rxp with a riva grate,solas prop,worx sponsons,R&D steering nozzle,hydrotuff seat cover and matts.I would like to fit a rotax power pipe and riva wedge(mostly rided in flat water) will I have to cut the rear air vent short so the power pipe fits?.Also should I expect a increase in my RPM with these parts. 7800 rpm at the moment. Thanks again

welcome to the forum. sounds like u have a good start to ur ski with those mods. i don't thik u need to cut that vent but i am not totally sure. im looking to get this powerpipe as well so im intersted to hear what guys say.

Re: rotax power pipe and riva wedge

Quote Originally Posted by ausrxp
    Hello All
    Great forum, have lernt heaps from everyone,I have a 04 rxp with a riva grate,solas prop,worx sponsons,R&D steering nozzle,hydrotuff seat cover and matts.I would like to fit a rotax power pipe and riva wedge(mostly rided in flat water) will I have to cut the rear air vent short so the power pipe fits?.Also should I expect a increase in my RPM with these parts. 7800 rpm at the moment. Thanks again
    how do you like the steering nozzle? i was thinking about gettign one myself but im kinda hesitant. any acceleration improvements? steering tighter?

Did not notice any acceleration diffrence, steering is better by a small amount , i do think a gained 50rpm up top , but did have a problem with one of the threads and to repair it before fitting. For a $130 I do think it is worth while.

by rear vent you mean the oval shaped tube that connects to the grab bar area in the hull? if so, then yes you need to hack off about 6 inches so the power pipe will fit. you might see some rpms but not much. the pipe will help with heat fade a little. you shoud consider a cold air intake, that will greatly help with heat fade aswell as better performance all around. do a board search and youll find a million threads on it. you can make your own for about $100.

I did not worry about cuttting the tube it just snaps off completely. If anyone knows a reason why i should not have taken the whole thing off please advise.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    that vent tube is there for water flood/floatation purposes.

you can completely un-snap the vents from the hull with no problem. the ski will just take on water fast IF it flips over. The purpose of those vent tubes in the rear and under the glove box are to slow down the rate at which water rushes into the hull when it's flipped over, but you really need to be screwing aroung real hard to flip these suckers compeltely over

i removed all of the vents and unncessary junk in the hull

+1
    i wouldnt get the wedge, you will hate it, the ski handles like crap and porpuses like crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    that vent tube is there for water flood/floatation purposes.

you can completely un-snap the vents from the hull with no problem. the ski will just take on water fast IF it flips over. The purpose of those vent tubes in the rear and under the glove box are to slow down the rate at which water rushes into the hull when it's flipped over, but you really need to be screwing aroung real hard to flip these suckers compeltely over

i removed all of the vents and unncessary junk in the hull
    Does someone have pics of these ? I had know idea there were vent tubes for holding back water ? They are in the rear too ?

kinchyle: Do you have a picture of your hood speakers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information