RXT Stage II solas pitch ?

What pitch are yall running for a Stage 2 RXT ?

Looks like Riva "recommends" 13/19 on the solas.

The stage 1 is a 14/17. Does going to a a 12 lower bottom end and put more of the thrust on the top end for the stage 2.

I'm think I am going to try a 12.5/19.5 or 13.5/19.5 for a stage 2 RXT.

I was running the Solas 13\19R that comes with the stage 2 kit but my RPM's were only 7900 to 7950,I had it repitched to 13\18 and am now on the limiter at 8150 so I would guess about 18.5 would be about right. I'm thinking that when I get the R&R ECU the 13\18 may be okay then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman
    I was running the Solas 13\19R that comes with the stage 2 kit but my RPM's were only 7900 to 7950,I had it repitched to 13\18 and am now on the limiter at 8150 so I would guess about 18.5 would be about right. I'm thinking that when I get the R&R ECU the 13\18 may be okay then.
    I can't believe i missed this info until now, this same thing (the rpm's and top end loss) happened to my stage II RXT after i installed my blueprinted IR 14/19 depitched to 11/17 solas prop, Roquetman, how you compare your RXT acce. and midrange power after you installed the solas 13/19R prop? do you did a back to back (stock vs solas) prop test after the stage II mods? did you gain more top end speed (OVER) the stock prop after you depitched your 13/19R to 13/18 spec's and gain back your peak rpm's? before i put my blueprinted solas prop i was runing 68.5 to 69 MPH @ 8100 rpm's with the stock prop, then after the solas mod i lost 2 MPH and my rpm's dropped to 7800, but gain a lot of acce and midrange power with her, i always think that i made a BIG mistake when i chose the 14/19 over the smaller 13/19 for my 3 seater ski so i am thinking very seriously to buy a 13/19R depitched to 13/18.5 (the spec's that you suggest) to test her in my moded RXT but of course this is if i am not completely satisfied with mine after Jerry play with her trailing edges a little, just to compare notes, in what weather conditions (air, humidity altitud etc..) you did all your testings? did you noticed any prop spin at all from a dead stop? sorry for all the questions bro, just want to make sure i don't make the same mistake as before, thanks, Ray

p.s. i saw that you are selling your RXT, if you are selling your solas prop separately, i might be interested, pm me or send a mail to, (gpr01racer@hotmail.com) thanks, Ray

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    yea rocketman... what's your deal? lol... i'm confused. your previous post said "when you get the RR ECU... but another post said selling your RXT?

GPR/STX-15F/RXT when are you getting your prop back from Jerry ? I'd like to repitch to something close to yours.

Shibby what pitch are you going to start off with after your ebay IC install ?

I'm thinking more 12.5/19.5. Maybe that will bring more top end.
    If I start cavitating from a idle to WOT does that mean I need to increase the 12.5 ?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i have a SOLAS 14/18.5 on the way that was pitched and refinished by skat.... should have it wednesday or thurday... used/new-to-me prop, so i've never seen it... it's in the box with my RR ECU

Saturday i will run the ski AS IS with the prop... then install the intercooler and leave everything else AS IS and ride it sunday... at least i'm hoping that's the plan

Shibby between me and my son we have four jetskis last year we had six.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinchyle
    GPR/STX-15F/RXT when are you getting your prop back from Jerry ? I'd like to repitch to something close to yours.
    I sent you a PM

I'm a little confused. I was planning on using a 15/20R prop, which is listed on the Riva site as part of the stage 2 kit. Did others order this kit and get a different prop or did anyone have a bad expierience with the 15/20?

Thread Information