Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Radiator coolant is gone after 2 hours???

I was playing my brother's RXP for 2 hours and was checking the radiator coollant after that. I found that the level of the radiator coolant is really low. I did not know why I have to add radiator collant after I play for 2hours.

Here are the mods: R&D air filter, Riva intake grade, Indicator L temp 31 Celcius, E-temp says 31 celcius.

Anyone helps me what happend to my motor??

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    is it a NEW machine? how many hours are on it? has the anti-freeze been changed recently? ... when u say it's low... how low? is the reservoir empty or just very low?

could be very simple... just let me know those quick questions

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    is it a NEW machine? how many hours are on it? has the anti-freeze been changed recently? ... when u say it's low... how low? is the reservoir empty or just very low?

I did not remember how many hours it was. I will double check.. The radiator collant is gone.. it is very low. It is in 31 celcius, it is like 85 F.

It should be more than 10 hours.

Re: Radiator coolant is gone after 2 hours???

Quote Originally Posted by dre23
    I was playing my brother's RXP for 2 hours and was checking the radiator coollant after that. I found that the level of the radiator coolant is really low. I did not know why I have to add radiator collant after I play for 2hours.

Here are the mods: R&D air filter, Riva intake grade, Indicator L temp 31 Celcius, E-temp says 31 celcius.

Check the hoses attached to the thermostat and the hoses that lead to the ride plate and see if there is a small puddle of coolant there. Also, check to see if there is any of the coolant laying in the bottom of the hull anywhere else. If no problems are there, check the screw on the center of the ride plate under the venturi to make sure it is tight. I think it is a 5mm allen. This is the screw that you actually remove to drain the coolant.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil

Check the hoses attached to the thermostat and the hoses that lead to the ride plate and see if there is a small puddle of coolant there. Also, check to see if there is any of the coolant laying in the bottom of the hull anywhere else. If no problems are there, check the screw on the center of the ride plate under the venturi to make sure it is tight. I think it is a 5mm allen. This is the screw that you actually remove to drain the coolant.
    Dang, you beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by peteshauling

Dang, you beat me to it.
    Well hell Frank, you are probably the one who gave me the exact instructions on where to check when I had that leak a while back when I wasn't sure what to do....

Don`t go mazzo on that drain plug/screw...I`m pretty sure you torque it to 73inlbs...PR...

I will check it out and see what s going on. I will post back as soon as I am done..

+1
    LMFAO 73 in lbs I never even dreamed of a torque spec. on the plug and even worse....how do you get anything done working like that Sorry, that just hit me funny

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485

The ski has 50 hours and it is 2004. I think the radiator collant has never been change since it was not empty. Now it is empty and needs new radiator collant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information