2007 Speedster SCIC

Hello,

This is my first time posting anything on this forum but i have been reading it for sometime now.

I have a new 2007 speedster SCIC (Red) after reading about the ceramic washer problems on the boats i sent my Supercharger to Jerry with 2 hours on the boat.
    I did the washers and upgraded to the ceramic bearings also.
    Jerry's help and quick turn around was great !

I have a few other problems with the boat !

1. Hour meter reads 1Hr after 10hrs of use.
    2.I purchased the OEM depth finder $425.00 plus the programing from Seadoo dealer and i truly is a waist of money ! It works about 25% of the time.
    3. The radio outside trim ring falls on the deck everytime i open the radio cover.
    4. The steering wheel is off center
    5. The drains on the bottom of the cooler and drivers console drians were never opened .

My boat is at the dealer now for the 10hr service and i wanted to switch to Amsoil (WCF) but they said it may void the warranty !

Sorry about all complaints the first time out !

Common complaint about the hour meter and depth finder; no fixes I've heard about yet.

The stock radios make better anchors along with the speakers. You'll want to also add a subwoofer; it takes a lot to hear well out on the water. I'm sure you'll get a lot of opinions on head units and speakers, fwiw I have the waterproof face Poly Planar MRD 60 and I highly recommend it, however it does not have satellite capability if that's a consideration. I chose a Poly Planar sub and amp and am satisfied with those also, the 6" speakers are Kickers, but one has crapped out on me after 1 yr, so I'm thinking of upgrading to the JL marine M650 CCX, supposedly the best speaker in that size; haven't found one negative comment on them yet.

You can adjust the steering wheel pretty easily, although depending on the current and wind it won't always be straight.

My drains were not opened either; I used a long phillips screw driver and opened them up myself.

Synthetic oil causes slippage in the supercharger from what I've read.

I'd recommend buying a shop manual , doing as much work/maintenance as you possibly can yourself and staying away from the dealer if at all possible.

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum.

If you dont use the Sea-doo oil it will void the warranty.. (this is in the manual)

My boat has the same drain problems as you.. the foam that is in the boat is blocking the drains.. (you are best off to block the drain with cauke anyways as the foam will soak up the water and start to mold and stink)

From what my dealer told me... sea doo is working on a fix for the hour meter but they dont have a fix yet.. (not fixing it actually helps the resale value..LOL)

I would take the boat back to the dealer about the wheel being off center and the trim ring falling off...

Magnusson-Moss warranty act specifies that the manufacturer must supply any part for free if they require it as a condition for warranty, so I'd be asking for my free oil if that is stated, more likely they will say that the oil used must be of the same specification as the BRP oil.

My drains have been punched through the foam for 2 years..no stink, no mold.

Good for resale value if you're dishonest and lie to the buyer I suppose.

+1
    Dam,I put 1 hr on my speedster on the first ride and went back the next day and it showed 0 hrs the hole 2 hrs I rode,this sucks and will get fixes.I had 5 seadoo's and never had this problem.

divese

steven

Amsol is sold at my dealer in mobile alabama...did my homework on Amsol synt and its the best for those sc 215...my dealer told me to use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by theboatnics View Post
    Hello,

This is my first time posting anything on this forum but i have been reading it for sometime now.

I have a new 2007 speedster SCIC (Red) after reading about the ceramic washer problems on the boats i sent my Supercharger to Jerry with 2 hours on the boat.
    I did the washers and upgraded to the ceramic bearings also.
    Jerry's help and quick turn around was great !

I have a few other problems with the boat !

1. Hour meter reads 1Hr after 10hrs of use.
    2.I purchased the OEM depth finder $425.00 plus the programing from Seadoo dealer and i truly is a waist of money ! It works about 25% of the time.
    3. The radio outside trim ring falls on the deck everytime i open the radio cover.
    4. The steering wheel is off center
    5. The drains on the bottom of the cooler and drivers console drians were never opened .

My boat is at the dealer now for the 10hr service and i wanted to switch to Amsoil (WCF) but they said it may void the warranty !

Sorry about all complaints the first time out !

The AMSoil is the best and doesnot contain any friction modifiers as most synthetics do, search their web site for info, there is a tech sheet on using their oil in the 4 stroke supercharged Sea-Doo. I have not changed my 150 supercharged boat to it yet but will for this season.

+3 on the Amsoil.

I was running the BRP stuff for the first 4 or 5 oil changes and I always found lots metal bits in the pleats of my oil filters. After switching to Amsoil my first change still had a few metal bits but I would guess at about 90 % less. The second change of Amsoil I was hard pressed to find metal bits so that tells me the synth is doing its job much better than the dino.
    I have also been running metal washers and a green wheel for two years now and have zero slippages issues.

I dont think they can void your warr unless they can prove the oil caused the failure, which it wont. Based on my unscientific findings I suspect you would be doing your engine a big favour by switching to the synth but make sure its Amsoil!!!

I change to amsoil when i i change to the metal washer .it probably change nothing in performance but why a high performance motor will run on old design oil. my sears tractor run on amsoil ,my lawmoyer,in all my bike .

Thread Information