Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Seadoo to void warranty

Well today i took my ski to have the s/c clutch taken care of at the dealer. When i left the i was pretty confident that it would be done correct. They were going to go ahead and replace the clutch go threw the oil pumps and rebuild. So I get back to my office and the dealer calls and tell me that my warranty might be voided because of the riva intake system. He did tell me that he would try to go ahead and push it thew. But if the seadoo rep wanted to caome and take a look at it being that this is the second time that this problem has occured he would tell them that the warranty is voided and the will not be working on it. Has any one else run into this issue?

that sucks man.. it has nothing to do with your air intake..now if you had a blow off vavle..then i could see them denying the work. but air intake..please..theyre just looking for ways to screw you over..and thats a big job..when my sc clutch went it was 2grand ..and the cermaics where intact and on the shaft. i would imagine if they had to pull ur engine and rebuild oil pumps it would be double.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    BS LMAO... yea, a BRP representative is going to stop by and examine your machine, that's a good one.

in short... FIND A NEW DEALER

+1
    Shibby, are you saying BRP reps never stop by to verify warranty claims, even for like a whole engine? I am curious ... Riva told me somthing similar, and that is why it took them a year before they were able to get my motor replaced under warranty ... they said they had to do it when the Yamaha rep was not in the area, since it would be obvious to him that my cylinders were ported ... then again, do you have to send 'dead' motors directly to BRP, or does BRP completely trust the dealer's judgement??

Shibby working for a dealer and calling BS really pisses me off. I went in there and was real nice about it and willing to work with them. I was even thinking about buying an RXT when I was in there. My question now is if they come back and tell me that they are not going to warranty it and I told them I am going take it to someone else am I going to run into trouble with another dealer trying to make the claim? do they keep track of this kindof thing by V.I.N. number. or something?

+1
    Brad, having a Riva air intake is no reason to not honor your warranty.

I get the feeling your dealer doesn't want to fix your ski correctly. (go thru the oil pumps) Almost like he'd rather you bring it elsewhere.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    for BIG work, sometimes BRP will request pictures and stuff like that. For a clutch, i mean come on...god knows they are used to these types of claims, and we've done tons of them.

some jobs and parts we need to send back to BRP after the job is complete... obviously a complete motor job, the old core gets sent back to them...so it's not like you can warranty a perfectly fine part and send it to them bc then they won't reimburse you for the parts if there was no reason to replace it.

Seems like your dealer just doens't want to fix your ski the right way. they realize you are aware of the possible debris and pump destruction and probably never go so far as to pull the engine, even tho BRP doesn't pay half bad for that kinda work. you would think they would look forward to that type of warranty work because after enough times you can do it with your eyes closed and good time.

have never heard of or seen a BRP representative show up at our shop to double chekc our judgement. it's usually a phone conversation, maybe pictures, and sending back the destroyed parts.

+1
    I have worked alot of shows and hours at doo dealers.
    I have never seen a rep verify anything. They go through the reps so fast that you would be lucky if you could find one that knows how to take off the seat.
    A new dealer is in order.

Quote Originally Posted by BOATADDICT
    you would be lucky if you could find one that knows how to take off the seat.
    ...PR...

+1
    it is illegal to totally void a warranty, they could possibly turn down the repair but that doesnt just make your warranty go away, it doesnt work like that, sounds like your dealer doesnt wanna mess with it, or they just want your money

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information