Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

RPM loss...question for forum moderators

Can we start a thread, possibly make it a Sticky and possibly put it in the How To section or something dedicated specifically to causes of RPM loss with our 4-tecs???

I ask because there are many out there, and some more common than others. I would just like to get everyone on the same page, and make it quicker and easier for people to find what they're looking for instead of having to start a thread and getting different responses from a few people and then the thread getting wildly off track.

Now I'm not asking someone like Jerry to sit down for long time and think of every little cause off the top of their head. I think a joint effort would be great. And just add each suggestion to the original post so people don't have to search through a crap ton of posts just to find one that helps them. Maybe make it a closed thread to keep it on topic.

Moderators, what are your thoughts? Personally I think this would be a great idea and I'm sure other's would too. Again, I'm not putting the burden only on you moderators, this should be a joint effort between forum members. If you think this is a bad idea could you please explain why and I will try to make my case better. Sometimes I'm finding it hard to find what I'm looking for using the search function and even then it's taking me a long time and turning up little.

Thanks guys!

well write the FAQ on rpm loss and the most common causes then ask for it to be moved to the FAQ.

It is all here you just have to search and sift through the results with patients.

Quote Originally Posted by _Lurker_ View Post
    well write the FAQ on rpm loss and the most common causes then ask for it to be moved to the FAQ.

It is all here you just have to search and sift through the results with patients.
    Sounds good, but I am one person, and like I said there are too many things for one person to think of. Heck, I only know of a few main causes. I wouldn't get very far on my own. Besides that some things are in question. Example: some forum members tell me that a worn wear ring will not cause you to lose RPM and other forum members say yes it will. So which is it? I have never seen a definate answer. If you would like me to start one I'd be happy to. Just have members PM me with causes of RPM loss and I will start adding to the list.

As far as this search function and patience ( I searched for RPM loss in the SeaDoo section and this came up)...
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/sear...earchid=397863
    ...if Im out on the lake, find out that I have a problem and come on here in hopes of quickly solving it and salvaging my weekend, that just ain't gonna work. Would you not agree? And if I start my own thread I've noticed that it takes time for it to get noticed especially on weekends. Week nights are the hot hours on here. So unless your problem surfaces then you won't necessarily get a quick and definate answer.

I want to take part in making this forum an even better user-friendly environment if possible.
    Last edited by RXP-REX; 07-18-2007 at 09:43 PM.

Maybe not the place but...here's a couple from my experience.

1-Oil overfilled.
    2-OEM wear ring...worn.
    3-Loose clamp exiting the SC.

Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post

1-Oil overfilled.
    2-OEM wear ring...worn.
    Yes, if I start a FAQ and get the help of others I will add things such as those.

This isn't necessarily the right thread but it could be if a moderator touches it up and puts it in the correct section. I do not have the power to do that. I only have the power to start threads like this and make suggestions.

Does anyone else think this is a good idea and will be very beneficial to everyone?

It would also be beneficial...perhaps...to list the approximate amount of RPMs that might be lost to each condition....? As heat would cause significantly less rpm loss than S/C slipping badly...for example

Quote Originally Posted by ARNYGOLLOTT3 View Post
    It would also be beneficial...perhaps...to list the approximate amount of RPMs that might be lost to each condition....? As heat would cause significantly less rpm loss than S/C slipping badly...for example
    EXACTLY!!! ...this is great and exactly what I'm trying to get at. I would have gone more in depth on my plans with my original post but did not in fear of people getting sick of reading too much and missing bits of information. I tend to ramble when I talk and type.

GUYS, PLEASE KEEP ADDING TO THIS THREAD AND I WILL CONTINUE TO LOOK THROUGH IT AND GATHER INFORMATION TO SEE WHAT I CAN COME UP WITH FOR A F.A.Q. THREAD. THIS IS FOR YOUR BENEFIT!!!

I would love a 'how to and faq' on this...I chased rpm's for the past few weeks and have settled on heat and too much prop...so I am 'building to the prop' and not taking out prop....OF COURSE this is what one does in such a situation!

GREAT IDEA....on the rpm thread

Website may not be suitable for small children WOT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post

1-Oil overfilled.
    2-OEM wear ring...worn.

On my RXT, the worn OEM wear ring caused an RPM increase. It might cause a speed loss, but I don't think it will cause an RPM loss.

-just trying to keep the faq's straight....

Quote Originally Posted by WOT View Post
    On my RXT, the worn OEM wear ring caused an RPM increase. It might cause a speed loss, but I don't think it will cause an RPM loss.

-just trying to keep the faq's straight....
    Things like this are why I need help creating a FAQ. We need to be able to come to a consensus and have everyone on the same page.

WOT, I just did a quick search and amazingly this jumped right out. That's a first for me. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...+ring+rpm+loss Just read the first to posts. Jerry is indicating that a worn ring can cause a loss in RPM. It is an old thread though and opinions and theories can change overtime, so I'm not 100% sure.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information