Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Next step for modification

I have done the Riva free flow exhaust, and the Riva power filter. These mods of course did not do a lot for speed but damn the ski sure sounds a ton better. What do you guys suggest next? Not looking to set the world on fire with speed records but would like to improve the top end a little. Is the ride plate or intake grate the next move? Just looking for some advice from some other 15F owners. Thanks.

Next Mod

From a performance standpoint, I would do RidePlate and Impeller.....

I am running the full kit with 14/21 impeller, but will be sending my impeller to be repitched down some.......

Intake grates have been know to shave off some speed on smooth water, but in most cases everyone is in some chop, and they will help you with hook up.

What is your riding conditions? and are you looking for holeshot or top end.

Mostly hole shot and some top end. I ride in all coditions. Some lake riding...Atlantic ocean...Intercoastal Waterway...I travel this ski all over the place.

Chris

I was looking at the pump wedge and the R&D ride plate....

no pump wedge,r and d plate and modded 13/19 impeller from impros

+1
    R&D Rideplate & 15f spec prop from Impros.....made the diffrence between trying to stay beside my friends r12x, To being able to gradually pull away when ever I want! Now I'm after Other friends stock RXT!

when you do the ride plate fill the bolt holes with marine weld. its worth 1mph. while you have your pump out you can clean up any stray silicon and casting marks(dont try to mods your pump just clean it up) this can be worth a 1-2mph. with a good running ski and those mods look for about 66-67mph alittle more and 69-70 attainable.

Quote Originally Posted by racingtrx450 View Post
    when you do the ride plate fill the bolt holes with marine weld. its worth 1mph. while you have your pump out you can clean up any stray silicon and casting marks(dont try to mods your pump just clean it up) this can be worth a 1-2mph. with a good running ski and those mods look for about 66-67mph alittle more and 69-70 attainable.

Can you elaborate a little on the "Casting marks", what, and where are they? As for stray silicone, you talking about getting rid of some that is not ~ an inch away form where it should be? Maybe use an x-acto knife, and cut, and pull. Thanks

the casting marks are just flaws in the pump housing from where they were casted and put together. they are every where from randoms spots on the reduction nozzle to lines and large disturbances on the pump vane and intake track. all of these combine to increase cavitation and cause turbulance to pump flow.if youve opened your pump you know what im talking about. i actually polished the entire inside of my pump and removed the flaws. as for silicon this is not a problem with all ski like some ultras i had a few huge wads of silicon in my intake track and then a random chunk on my pump shoe. again all this is just to increase the pumps efficency and translate to utilizing our power better.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Like this..............
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inside pump wedge red.JPG 
Views:	60 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	33436  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information