2007 Sportster 155HP upgrades??

Does anyone know of any good performance upgrades? I was going to get the 215HP but me dealer told me that they were having some problems and being my first jet boat I wanted care free operation. I like the 155hp but like to wake and tube behind any advise would be appricated. Do they sell an aftermarket SC for these as they are the same block as the 215HP or any other upgrades that make a differance. Thanks JIM

Lot's of differences between the s/c and na versions internally, much cheaper to have bought the s/c version outright.

I honestly don't think there is much you could do that would be cost effective; it's $2k extra for the scic on average, I think you'd end spending more than that to get the 155hp just to equal the 215hp in top speed and acceleration.

I changed the intake setup as the scic guys do, and filled the ride plate holes; no difference at all. I'd just enjoy a trouble free boat if I were you, it's the exact same reason I did not buy the scic. 60 trouble free hours so far, and still on the oem wear ring.

If someone is aware of some cost-effective mods that appreciably increase performance I'd like to hear them too.

Thanks for the response that is what I figured but hopefuly in time someone will figure something out.

+1
    Has anybody pitch there impeller on the 155 hp,that could make a differents out the hole and quicker to top end.

It makes sense that you could increase acceleration by taking some pitch out of the impeller, but increasing top speed seems unlikely to me given that max hp is at 7300rpm and from what I've read here and elsewhere most people seem to be running about 7300 - 7450 rpm, if you put more pitch in to get a higher speed, you'll need more power to turn it and without the additional power it seems likely that the boat would be slower all the way around, unless I'm missing something.

Thread Information