Dealer Over Filled My Oil

First off never get your Jet Ski serviced at Concord Kawi... I noticed my ultra 250X was running slower then it had before my first oil change..

I was able to pump out 6 qts of oil with my oil boy and the skis tilted foward. I also noticed some oil in the air box and hoses. my spark plugs were also carbon fouled.

I removed the intercooler and dumped out about 4 oz of liquid. and cleaned out the catch tube below the airbox.

I have two questions do I need to also pull the supercharger?
    If I sucked out every drop of oil I could with my oil boy how much should go back in 4.2qt or 5.2 qt?

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    Concord, CA? You haven't filled out your profile yet.

There's alot of stuff you need to get out of the way to get to the SC. I would not do it if it's just oil. Maybe at most get in there with a lint free RAG where the intake hose attaches and airbox if you're super picky like myself. (which is still a job.)

Yo prolly won't get it all and have 5 quarts on hand....if i recall correctly, mine after doing as you say took a smidge over 4qts.

+1
    O, and welcome to GH.

SeaDoocer
    You had oil in the air box? Can you tell me where the air box is?

The air box is in front of the motor one large pipe goes down to feed the super charger and two other hoses fun to the rear of the craft. their is a small clear tube attached to the bottom that oil or water collects in. I had oil residue in the lines running to the rear and in the clear tube.

Yea it was Concord CA they charged me $250 for a 25 hour service they did none of the procedures listed in the manual. Just an oil change and check the prop. This was after I told them i wanted the 25 hour service listed in the manual. when I went to pick it up and saw what worked they listed he told me not to worrie about it thoses other things dont need to be done! that great but I thought I was paying to have it serviced according to the book not what you think I need. They say they tighted the hose clamps but I found three of them loose. I also found that the line running from the top of catch can back to the airbox was kinked. so it was a $250 OIL CHANGE AND THEY EVEN SCREWD THAT UP. I bought ther service book and I will do all my own work from now on. Concord Kawi will never see me or my skis agin.

+1
    I'd wonder if they even bothered to change the oil filter !

Richard

SeaDoocer
    Jason,
    That's what I thought...I change my oil the other night and saw the little tube below the box...I didn't have any oil in it though...I pulled out a total of 7+ quarts..I guess I need to get in there this weekend and take the intercooler out..I've got to put my Groco water filter on anyways. Anthing else anyone can think of that I need to do knowing that there was this much oil in the ski? Thanks

Website may not be suitable for small children WOT's Avatar

Kawi Service

Does anybody know of a reputable Kawi dealer for service in the DFW area? I bought mine at grapevine Kawasaki - great dealer to buy from, but I don't get a very good feeling for their service department. I don't think they have really worked on very many 250s.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WOT View Post
    I don't think they have really worked on very many 250s.
    Honestly, i don't think you'll find any that have yet. Even mine clearly states i know more about my ski than they do....Although i'll say i'm sure the guys know more than i do in some areas as well.

You need to help them help you. Keep positive attitude. They will likely return the favor.

Thread Information