Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skat trac prop

Skat trac prop

Does anyone know if the new scat 3 blade prop is better than the solas 15/20 with a riva stage 2.

Thanks

+1
    Waaaay better!

It's in it's infancy though. We still need to play around with pitch's to find the sweet spot. Don't expect to buy one and it be right on the money the first time. Once you have it dialed in its unreal!

Hey Jerry do you have a rough estimate as to when this prop might be ready? A couple months maybe??

+1
    Due to funds, the 3 bladed prop will be my last mod for the summer. With the mods I have on my RXT, is there going to be a 3 blade for my setup and how long before it is available? Thanks for any help.

+1
    Skat is selling the 3 blades now.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Skip.... unfortunately IN MY OPINION, i think Skat jumped the gun too quick. Unless they've done alot more testing and experimenting than they led Jerry to believe. I believe Jerry was the one to mention to Glen he'd like to see a 3-blade prop utilize the stock driveline, and Jerry was sent the prototype which was pitched BY jerry and allegedly molded to Jerry's specs.

We have no experiences with this prop on a stock boat, no experiences with it on a RXT... ultimately it's tuned for a Rotax Stage 3, yet somehow they went and sold this prop so soon with little to no testing to master the pitching system for varying skis and modifications... and i guess they forgot who helped them pitch and develop the prop?

I'm inclined to believe either they don't give a crap how the RPMs perform on the skis, or more believeably... they have in fact more thoroughly tested this prop than we may be aware of and Jerry was only a small piece of this new product

I'd love to get my hands on one of these props for my RXT with the Intercooler and ECU, but 300 bucks for something no one has yet to play with isn't very appealing, unless Skat wants to send me one that i test and pay for under the condition that it actually works in OUR 3-seater application... until i have a free trial offer or see someone else with a RXT with similar mods pitch the 3-blader for a RXT, i'm not gambling my limited funds. Skat's loss

I'm curious to hear about the people that will use it with the stock pump.

+1
    Due to the harmonics associated with 3 blade impellers i would not recommend using this prop with a stock pump.

I am sending my pump to scat right now for the tripple bearing mod, Would you recomend me getting the prop or not.

Thanks for your time.

+1
    Yes! I definately recommend the prop. Glen will custom pitch it to your application.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information