Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

2007 Speedster 251HP

Guys,
    I first would like to thank everyone that participates in this forum. You comments and information have helped me better understand my boat. This is my first boat, and I sadly have to say that I have had nothing but problems. I had problems with my hour meters since day 1, the boat's seats came loose, and now I hear all this information about the SC. I am pretty much stuck with this boat and to be honest I like its power plus it is a lot of fun. Can anyone recommend a solution to the SC issue? I would like to fix this SC problem before it breaks or something like that. Any suggestions? I have read information about replacing some items in the SC. Thank you!

Welcome to the forum, I see you have the rare 251hp option

Use the search function and you will find more info/help than you know what to do with. Change the ceramic washers for metal in the s/c before you use that boat again and your ownership experience will be much, much better.

Man, BRP seems to be selling a butt load of the S150 scic's.

Quote Originally Posted by TM1 View Post
    Welcome to the forum, I see you have the rare 251hp option

Use the search function and you will find more info/help than you know what to do with. Change the ceramic washers for metal in the s/c before you use that boat again and your ownership experience will be much, much better.

Man, BRP seems to be selling a butt load of the S150 scic's.
    LOL,,,I meant 215hp
    I have been doing some reading and some guys are talking about 7900 RPM with their speedsters. I don't think I have seen 7800 RPMs in my boat. Thank you for your info!

welcome to my world, but let me tell you something, change that supercharger clutch before you put that thing back in the water, otherwise you really will be upset much like I am. I figured it would at least last 1 season, nope 11-12 hours(not per the dash hour meter of course, it doesnt seem to work on any of the S150's, I kept a log) and it blew out, I have had the seats and grab handles come loose, battery tray cracked, bilge pump stuck on, console came apart, speaker grill flew off, trim on console lid flew off, etc etc etc...

Had I only had problems with fit and finish I would be happy and able to live with it, but when the sc clutch blew out I was down for a month+ as well as finding out I had a dealer from hell (under new ownership now, we shall see how that goes) and told the motor is now doomed to throw a rod out the side of the block, even AFTER cleaning the clutch out and replacing oil pumps.

on the left hand side of the forums are links for sc clutch failure and sc rebuild service, DO IT NOW, DO NOT PUT THE BOAT BACK IN THE WATER!

Quote Originally Posted by Rspeed View Post
    Guys,
    I first would like to thank everyone that participates in this forum. You comments and information have helped me better understand my boat. This is my first boat, and I sadly have to say that I have had nothing but problems. I had problems with my hour meters since day 1, the boat's seats came loose, and now I hear all this information about the SC. I am pretty much stuck with this boat and to be honest I like its power plus it is a lot of fun. Can anyone recommend a solution to the SC issue? I would like to fix this SC problem before it breaks or something like that. Any suggestions? I have read information about replacing some items in the SC. Thank you!

Is there much of a diffenance between to 155 and 215Hp boats for performance. I have the 155 yet sometimes wish I had gotten the 215 but with all these issues is it really worth it????I talked to the dealer today and they told me that It would be about a 2K loss on my boat to upgrade to the 215Hp and then the diff of 2k and then taxes It would turn out to be around 6K and if I wanted the tower 8.5k. Whoa. I have an 07 speedster 155HP with 12 hours on it. Let me know your thoughts..

About 10 mph on the top end and quicker acceleration...is it worth $6k? Only you can answer that, but not to me. Is it worth $2k at the time of making the initial decision? If the extra speed is important, then yes...you can't buy 10mph of speed in the same boat for $2k, so it's a hell of a deal...or the 155hp is a bad deal...depending on which way you look at it. Wait a few years, get some use out of the boat and see what else comes to market in the meantime, chances are you'd be wanting out of your 215hp model by then anyway...there will always be something better, most boaters want something bigger and roomier more than they want faster.

I may curse myself and this post forever if my luck turns (and make speedsterpimpin ROTFL) but I have to say I have had no problem w/ my S150 SCIC since I got it. Granted, I've only put in a few hours on it and it's still pretty new, but hey, got a few scratches on it already, so it's not like it's right out of the box anymore.
    Yes, I did find the fuel gauge weird, the timer is off but I grew to love it since it'll give me better resell value by counting hours so slowly , but overall, I've had a blast.

I agree with TM1. I'm not sure the extra power to 215hp is worth $6K, but $2K is definitely worth it. Think of it as boosting you hp by nearly 40% for only 2 grants. If I could apply that another time, it would put my 215hp at 300hp for only $2K !!! (I now, just dreaming here...)

This being said, Jimmy, I have not tried the 155hp, so I can't tell if there's much of a difference in the handling, I assume the acceleration is better but top speeds should be comparable) In any case, unless you want to cross the Atlantic ocean or play deadliest catch in Alaska, it's a cool boat supercharged with fun!

Ph

Thanks guys for the input TM1 has a good point I like to wake board and it gets me out of the water and average speed for that sports is about 20mph. Sorry for stealing this thread.....Rspeed....155 is trouble free haven't seen anyone with issues except body panels flying off. Fillo thanks for the words of wisdom. I will see what comes on the market in a few years I will mod the 155hp to death so its a one of a kind!!!

What speeds should I be getting with my speedster. I have about 20 hours on the boat (of course the meeter says 9). I get about 52 to 54 miles an hour when the lakes allow it. What RPMs should I be seeing on this boat? I have followed you guys' advice and already contacted Jerry regarding changing the washers on my SC. I also tried to trade in my boat but the dealer was giving me only half of what I paid for this boat.

Welcome to the club on the dealers offer on buy back> quickest I've seen (Not GPS) short bursts was 46MPH solo. Half tank of fuel. Boat has 7 hrs on it speedster 150-155HP. Little chop!!! Not sure on the 215 SC>

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information