Thread: Trim via lever?

Trim via lever?

Anyone converted the GP from the twist grip to a lever? I'm trying to make a do it your self kit, but was wondering if anyone has already done so...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ry2406.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	14.3 KB 
ID:	32250  

+1
    My GP has a homemade set-up it came that way the guy used a motorcycle lever and cable and added a spring to the pulley. it works but it has some corrosion issues not meant to be in the wet environment like it is.

very hard to use at full throtal the leaver is very hard and will kill your hand after a while only the hydrolic one works well

I have worked with one before,actually am reworking it right now. Having a bit of a hard time finding the right cable to replace the one that was on it before.

Pretty much,you go to a single cable,and you will need to install a return spring to return it to your idle position.. I will take a pic of this set up later on and post it for you...but as noted,I dont have the cable on it yet,but can mock one up for your pic.

On a side note,I do agree...It is a pain when going on long rides. So you need to find the sweet spot,and use this as your neutral/rested spot.

I threw this together last night. I just used some spare parts and picked up a set of levers for a bike to experiment with. The lever moves about a half an inch of cable when pulled. I measured the twist grip and it moved about 3/4 of an inch from neutral in the same direction. So I may need to get a lever with more cable movement, but I'll have to try it out and see. I used the existing cable, by cutting away part of the lever for it to slide in, this way if the lever doesn't work as expected I can easily go back to the Twist Grip. You'll also notice I had to drill new holes to mount the lever on the pulley that attaches to the cable fromt he nozzle, just needed to rotate it 90 degrees for the existing cable to work...

I adjusted the ski on the trailer so the bottom of the ski was level at the back of the ski, then I adjusted the nozzle to be slightly pointing upwards (maybe a couple degrees). Is this correct or should it be exactly perpendicular?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	029.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	2.24 MB 
ID:	32302   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	030.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	2.05 MB 
ID:	32303  

Is this how you guys set the neutral position on the nozzle for trim?

I adjusted the ski on the trailer so the bottom of the ski was level at the back of the ski, then I adjusted the nozzle to be ever so slightly pointing upwards (maybe a couple degrees). Is this correct or should it be exactly perpendicular?

Yes,pretty much the same here.

Thread Information