Switched accessories

Need help I don't want to fry my ride.

I purchase universal 14101 , and now have it installed.
    http://www.electricalconnection.com/...icators/bm.htm
    It's next to my lanyard connection so if I see it red I know not to pull my lanyard or turn off the engine.

I need to hook it up so it turns on when I either plug up the lanyard or hit the start button. I have seen jerry's pic but don't understand it clearly. Do I basically just wrap the positive around the fuse and put back.

I want to hook the battery monitor and a boost gauge to 3A(bilge) and my attwood 4" turbo fan 4.4amps to 7.5A(VTS).
    Is EMS something that is available on stock, if not then I have the 5A available , for switch accessory, correct ?
    Does the spare fuse 5A work with the switch too or is it just a spare to use somewhere else ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	boost_gauge_wire_199.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	212.1 KB 
ID:	2328   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fuses_121.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	2329   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	battery_monitor_127.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	2330  

If you're not comfortable with splicing into wires, they make something called a fuse tap which goes around the blade and you can attach a female spade connector to.

I wouldn't wrap bare wire under the fuse...it's kinda hacky and the fuse taps are pretty cheap. You can even get them at like a Radio Shack....they should be sold in like a 4 pack for $1.00.

Here's a pic :

http://www.wirthco.com/images/thumbn...448&height=321

Thanks Snkypete that connector works great. I just have one problem. I hooked the battery light monitor to the 3A fuse and my attwood fan to the 7.5A fuse.

Now my fan and battery light are always on.

I want to have the light and fan turn on only when I have the lanyard connected or if it's when I have started the ski. (start button).

Do I need to connect them to the 10A starter fuse. Will this be putting too much power through the 10A. Am I going to have to do a relay type switch.

The fan is 4.4Amp output and the battery light is probably less than an amp.

You need to connect them to a power source that is keyed on. I'm not familiar with the fuse panel setup but I believe there are a few diagrams in threads which tell what fuses are constant power and which are keyed on.

Worst case you can check the fuses with a voltmeter or test light to see which are which.

Thread Information