help needed please...

hi..
    since i bought my gp1200r 2000 it has not been right..

feels like it has very very bad cavitation out the hole and lacks power and some revs top end..
    has ppk and top loader fitted..
    as some may of read salty did me a prop and linner as it was trashed big time when we brought it home...
    runs fine on trailer, but on load its just not all there,
    seems a good spark off all three plugs when checked one at a time..

things that have been checked

new leads..
    plugs..
    new reeds..
    carbs were re built aprox 10 hours ago and all seemed to check out ok on inspection inc the mini filters..
    crank phase checked..
    compression is a good 120 ..warm, wot,
    coils checked out ok by steved at his work..
    acc pump was blocked so salty sorted that but we understand its not that but did it while there..
    all connectins checked and double checked..
    all three plugs get warm and all seem the same heat and colour..

salty has looked every place he can think for the problem and has no idea where to look now so i ask you guys PLEASE if you can think of anything can you let me know as salty and i are well stuck and he has put many many hours in ski and has had just about enough of my P.O.S.

we talked about weak spark under load and the only thing left to try is E.C.U..
    can the E.C.U fail and give a weak signal to the coils thus under load lacking power in general

as i said anything you may think of please post as its now sitting in my garage untill further notice and unable to ride...

thanks guys ....dean

Sounds like it could be jetting or powervalves. Did you rejet when you changed the reeds?

+1
    Have you tried manually operating the valves? Disconnect the PV motor and turn the valves all the way open? I am sure you checked the pump bearings, no wine or rattle when on the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by porksword View Post
    Sounds like it could be jetting or powervalves. Did you rejet when you changed the reeds?
    hi..jetting stayed stock paul only fitted stock 13r reeds he had as nime had a small chip in the edge of two pettles....
    the power valves do there cycle on start up paul even removed the covers to ensure there operaton...

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    Have you tried manually operating the valves? Disconnect the PV motor and turn the valves all the way open? I am sure you checked the pump bearings, no wine or rattle when on the trailer.
    duke the power valves do there cycle on start up and they work manualy by turning the wheel when the rubber boot is removed..

could pump bearings do this sort of issue??,paul did as far as i know check them as he said he re-packed with lube,although there is a loud rattle on start up but i thought they all sounded loud out and off load?????..

+1
    Shouldn't be any loud rattle. Bad pump bearings can cause 200 rpm loss or even stop the motor at WOT. Ask Akent about that one.

Does the rattle come from the outside of the boat or under the seat?

Shouldn't be any loud rattle. Bad pump bearings can cause 200 rpm loss or even stop the motor at WOT. Ask Akent about that one.

Does the rattle come from the outside of the boat or under the seat?
    its only done it twice and paul dont know about this yet but when it dont start there is a loud rattle from the engine bay but when it fires it goes away and she runs sweet...what do you think that is duke..

but the skis is a bit loud on trailer but no worse than my old gp,always a jangly noise as the tick over slows as if its the prop touching the linner but i checked it ok (linner)

thanks for this imput duke i am lost here
    Last edited by gprdean; 07-21-2007 at 05:17 PM.

+1
    How many hours on th ticker?

I would rule out spark or CDI. This would just foul plugs and not run smooth at all.

How many hours on th ticker?

I would rule out spark or CDI. This would just foul plugs and not run smooth at all.
    107 hours..

if the pv's cycle that mean the work ok right

Thread Information