Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thinking about a switch

Hello Gents,

I just sold one of my fleet (Polaris MSX110 no issues if you can believe it) and I looking to replace it -- as you can see I own a Yami FX -- not a bad ski and perfect for the wife but I want something a little more fun. I had originally decided on a Yami FX HO but now I am rethinking that choice. I have ridden sit-downs from every manf: Yami big/criuser, Sea-Doo heavy and scared of the Supercharger. How does Honda compare in ride, power and reliability? I can get one at a decent price -- looking to get advice from the experts!!

Thanks in advance,

G

I love my Honda F-12x. It is not the fastest ski out there, but I do not care about that. In my opinion, it handles way better than my buddy's RXT. Has some nice acceleration from 30 mph to 60 or whatever top speed is. I liked my vx110 Yamaha, too, but the Honda is much more nimble. It seems to be the smallest out of all the three-seaters (or at least it appears to be to me).

Quote Originally Posted by baba booey View Post
    It seems to be the smallest out of all the three-seaters (or at least it appears to be to me).
    I agree it is about the size of my old MSX. How is the ride two-up? Low speed stability and wet or dry ride?

Sorry about the ?s I'm seriously going to get one.

-G

+1
    I have had one for approx 2 years now and it has been flawless. It is a 2003 F12X model which I purchased with 13hrs and it now has 52hrs and besides fuel (which it is economical on, I recently did a 60 mile trip and used approx 30 litres) I have changed the oil and filter twice. Bulletproof.

As you are probably aware there are faster skis out there but with questionable build and a thirst for fuel this comes at a cost. If you really want more power/speed theres always Nitro/Macsboost. As an all round ski (reliability, fuel economy, speed and handling) it is a good package.

The ride two up is fine, the F12X is plenty stable/safe with two people on even at low speeds unless you are very awkward/ off balance. Just last week myself and my two buddies (200+ lbs each, 600lbs in total) made a 10 mile journey in quite heavy chop across the lake, there was at least one mile where the ski was constantly hitting waves and was completely out of the water, no problem except when we accidently pulled out the lanyard, lost foward momentum and fell in. We all got back on again no problem even in the waves.

I personally like the looks of the R12X and would like its ability to carve with it being more race inspired with the adjustable trim but I purchased the F12X as it can tow and this was a feature which I desired.

I probably wont change until Honda bring out something all new as the current model is pretty much the same as when it was first launched just decorated a little different from year to year.

The F hull is a wet ride. But what the hell, it is a PWC!

I am a Polaris fan!!!!! I also switched over to Honda. All I got to say is I am glad I did. Great skis!!!!!! It is a well balanced ski, good power, great handling, good rough water ride (a little wet), and great fuel economy, and as anything Honda it is bullitproof!!!! Go for it, you will be happy, not the fastest ski but I think it is the best ballanced ski.

Rod, how do you like the ride? handling? jsut a thought, why didn`t you get a SD? let me guess, clutch issues!!!...PR...

Fuel econmy and honda's bulitproff past. I also Like turbos!!!!!! I am going to do mods real soon. I did ride a couple of doo's, I liked them but when I rode the Honda I just fell in love with the way it handles the water. Not nearlly as fast a a 4 tec supercharged Doo, but I just liked the overall ride better. I am going to purchase another one and sell my two other Polaris, but I am waiting to see what happens in "08". This will dertmine if I mod my current honda or mod the 08? Not sure if it will be a two seat or a three? We will just have to wait. Also the fuel milage is a hell of a lot better than my friends supercharged RXP. He will leave me sitting in the calm, but when the lake gets rough it is anyones race!!!

I hear ya, I`m just looking for something way more reliable, I have another year left with warranty, and who know`s, I may just be getting an engien if this one lets go, but I really don`t want that to happen, to much headache. I`m married to this ski for a while yet. ...PR...

I know the feeling, I have 59 more payments left!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information