Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned User

Question waverunner died need help

Hello, I just came in from the lake a few seconds ago. I had to be towed in though. I think someone said that my battery was dead. Well I was going along then the engine started to bog a little bit then shut off. I couldn't restart the engine on it's own for a little while. I eventually got it to start but wouldn't stay on. When the person towed me to shore I noticed that I could start it time and time again. After I got to shore it would start every time. Is the battery just getting old and need to be replaced?

The same exact thing happened to me with an '03 1300R I was riding on the lake once. It ended up being a bad exhaust leak which starved the engine for air. It was going along fine, started to bog and then just quit. I could start it up but it only ran for about 5 seconds before quitting again.

Mike

+1
    Assuming gp13r by your name it could be a number of things including low fuel pressure, as Fusion said, an exhaust leak, the catalytic converter may have broken, and clogged the exhaust, or a number of simple things.

Try to run it with the seat off and see if it does ok. I assume no warning lights came on.

Banned User

Red face last message reply

no warning lights came on or buzzed at me. I'm pretty such it's my battery like the guy said at the boat landing but I'm not sure. Since I went and bought a new battery to give it a go tommorrow after it's charged up.

If the warning light didn't come on or buzz at me that should mean that all the engine and exhaust stuff is working OK right?

Please respond anyone to give me more advise if you would like

Thanks,
    Midwest GPR

+1
    It really doesn't sound like a battery issue. It sounds like the engine either ran out of fuel, or spark. However unlikely, you could have experience an engine siezure as well.

What is the specific year, and mechanical history of this watercraft?

Banned User

Question reply to hyrdotoys

This is a 2004 GP1300R with that Riva stage 2 I bought for it a little while back.

I did have a battery die on me one time already. That battery was from 4/16/06 and the person tested out to be ok??

Does this help ya?
    Please respond, thanks

Banned User

Red face one more thing

I failed to metion before posting.

I could start the engine up on the tow back to shore and at the shore. I would tend to think that the engine isn't seized or ran out of fuel and I should have spark if it started up on the way back and at the shore, right???

That's why I think it is the battery. Any other ideas, I'm interested to know.

Thanks,
    Midwest GPR

+1
    If it started on the way back to shore, I doubt it's the battery.

Battery CONNECTIONS or corroded cable maybe.

Banned User

Smile reply to hyrdotoys

Ok, I'll check the battery cables out for corrosion. I'm a women but that don't mean that I know so thing when it comes to my PWC
    hehehehehe. I'll let you know Hydrotoys as soon as I get the battery charged and give it a run. I figured if anything it don't hurt any to get a new battery.

If you have any other ideas let me know. Anyone or you Hydrotoys

Thanks,
    Midwest GPR

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information