Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Possibly getting 01 ultra 150.. quick compression question...

Ok, I asked the seller.. who is 5 hours away from me, to do a compression test... came back 115mag 115center and 125pto... do these numbers sound ok? The ski is all stock, the PTO cylinder was replaced however, thus the higher compression... what do you guys think of it? I hear no more then 10% difference between the cylinders.. and if I figured correctly, I should have right at just under 10% difference... and that is because the pto cylinder is all new, replaced with new parts...

what do you think?

Jared

Sounds like its ok, the diff isnt suprising since #3 has been replaced.

150's are known to burn down the #3 cylinder, I would be more concerend with making sure it was fixed correctly and that they didn't just slap a new cylinder/piston/rings on it, because it would just be a matter of time before the cranks takes out the entire motor...

Wankel till I die!! jonjonwells's Avatar
    take it and run

I didn't get that ultra. Got this one instead: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DME:L:RTQ:US:1

Man, I've never seen a cleaner ski! This is a true cherry, climate controlled stored, you could eat off of any surface in the engine compartment! Not a scratch on it, 0 fading, 120 120 120 perfect compression. I don't think I've ever seen a better kept used ski, and thus I'm very satisfied with my purchase. The shorelander trailer was an added bonus as I'm still under nada on this ski at that price alone. Did I mention he had ALL the original manuals, brochures, paperwork etc that came with the ski when it was purchased new!

Ok, ok ok, enough talking... I'm taking it to the lake tommorrow... ANYTHING I shoudl know? I'm not familiar with the ultras, though I have test driven two and loved them. But I plan to spend the most time on my new ultra tommorrow, so any information would be greatly appreciated. Also, checked the small carb oil lines, they look brand spanking new as does everything else with the ski (I know everyone says to check them to see if they are old etc...) I'm not sure on the pump bearings.. not making a bit of noise. The ski has since day one been serviced twice a season, once at beginning and once for winterization at the local kawaski dealership in the area... so I'm assuming they replace the bearings as maintence when it gets up there in hours? (only has just over 70 ORIGINAL hours)

Any input would be greatly appreciated... I'll post some pictures when I get a chance!

Thanks in advance,
    Jared

!
    Last edited by Chris288; 07-31-2007 at 07:15 AM.

Congrats on the new ski Thats a very clean looking ski from the pics. Just watch out for those sudden turns it likes to make when crossing wakes Btw there is a shredmaster ride plate in the classifieds if no one has picked it up yet I would get it. The plate and sponsons are the 2 mods I would suggest you do it helps that handling quirk ultras are known for.

Wankel till I die!! jonjonwells's Avatar
    My brother has his Ultra and you need to put a little oil in your gas. The injection runs the absolute min so it could pass emissions test. This will make your ski last longer. Groupk and Skiworx both suggest this.

+1
    Hey look!!! Twins!!!...........wanna race???
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	90b7_1.JPG 
Views:	55 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	33348   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ultra.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	33349  

Quote Originally Posted by thesepaperwings View Post
    Hey look!!! Twins!!!...........wanna race???

Well, not exactly twins per say.. what year is that? Are you near me? I'm getting a set of beach house sponsons for it... what differences did you notice when you put the beach house's on there? As for handling, man I don't see what you guys are talking about! I had a blast today, it did exactly what I expected, didn't turn on me, wobble, squarrel, or anything, just turned on a dime and was very fast. Took it right through 1 foot plus chop and it didn't even porpose, no where near as jumpy as my 97 gp1200 was. I gotta say I love it, just what I was looking for. Today's top speed was 65.8 on gps (average about 63-64) and a whopping 78 on the speedo! I must say the kawi's dreamometer is very motivating, as it constantly says I'm going over 70mph! My rpms are not quite 7000 though, what exactly should they be? I should mention, that the po just put brand new spark plugs in there before he sold it, I put the first few minutes of burn on them on the test run. BUT, he put NGK BR8ES not BR9ES as the ski calls for... could have some effect? Anyway, did a final plug burn test today after seasoning the new (wrong) plugs, nice and cocoa on each cylinder as expected.... seens to get much better gas mileage then my gp as well.. or any other ski I've owned!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information