Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Need Advice - Foot Protection

Hey guys. I'm a rookie (bought my first PWC - 2006 GTi-SE - it now has a HUGE 22 hours on it) and have today broken a toe...

By slowly getting experience with ski, have been out in surf and doing "carve up sessions" with fellow PWCer. Have suffered problem of feet sliding forwards upon landings and toes smashing into underside of grip mat on the slanted section of the foot channel. Today managed to break the toe inside bigtoe on the left foot.

Surf booties have been suggested to me. I fear they will hold water and turn my skin to soap.

Another suggestion was "Crocs". You can get super cheap versions from K-Mart for $9. Do they work..??

I know - I need to try things and see what works - I just thought you may have some advice...

jax. florida
    man!! sorry to hear that, i need to get some type of footwear also, i have banged mine a few times .. i was think a pair of old school converse,all stars, you know the old canvas ones fron the 80's ....

booties are always good but in warm weather maybe less,i have booties but mostly ride with sandles (yes i got sandle tan lines ) the ones that you got a velcro strap in front and in back,but if you ride rough booties is a must.

sorry to hear about your toe,get healed fast and ride

slippery profile boots( also found at or Seadoo water shoes (found at dealer)...PR...

I bought "Sport" sandals. They make them for men. They are leather - but lined with this soft stuff - and they velcro on around your ankle. But I was getting blisters on my feet from when you jump and try to hang on with your feet kinda - ya know. Anyway - this guy suggested those and they work awesome. They are sporty - manly looking - so don't worry about that - but they also stay on your feet and allow them to breath. Work great - get a pair of those and you will be happy.

Mesa, AZ
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    slippery profile boots( also found at or Seadoo water shoes (found at dealer)...PR...
    Specifically, these are a GREAT all around bootie, that I've raced in, and rec ride every weekend. I go through about 2 pair a year, and well worth it. I might "stock up" 10 pair or so, since Slippery thinks they are designer shoe company and need to change their styling every year.

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar
    South Jersey
    Bodyglove makes a few different types of water shoes. Heres a pic of the bodyglove zigzags for $39.00 Here's the link to their website
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zig-Zag+Full.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	66.1 KB 
ID:	32419  

Central Florida
    lol, I just wear a pair of old sandals...

Foot Protection

Hellfish, I ride in cold water and previously broke both ankles so I'm real particular about footwear. I need grip, support & warmth. The Salomon Tenerife fits and feels like a tennis shoe but quickly drains & dries. I also like a neoprene boot with a hard thick sole like these neosports. Both of these give me excellent traction on slick ramps, rocks etc (not much sand here) and give me way more confidence than sandals.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sal Tenerife Water Shoe.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	32447   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Neosport Boot.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	32448  

Brigantine, NJ
    BY far the best shoes you can get are adventure racing shoes.
    several shoe companies make them like TEVA, SOLOMON, HI TEC, MERRELL, ETC
    they are made for climbing hiking and are made for getting wet,like trekking through streams and stuff.
    not overly expensive, and work great!
    look up " water shoe" on ebay
    something like this, theres tons out there,like a sneaker for in the water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information