Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1

Thru hull exhaust question...

Would I have to take the OPAS off for the RR exhaust like the riva one?
    What good is that other RR pipe? Not the thru hull one.

+1
    Yep, you must take the OPAS off. You want to take the training wheels off anyway

The other Rotax Racing power flow pipe replaces the stock exhaust hose and provides better exhaust evacuation and gives a much better sound.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    Yep, you must take the OPAS off. You want to take the training wheels off anyway

The other Rotax Racing power flow pipe replaces the stock exhaust hose and provides better exhaust evacuation and gives a much better sound.
    Ok so give it to me straight....Which one is better? Thru-hull or just the pipe? What are the advantages of each?

I am already convinced to take off the OPAS!

+1
    You will have mixed reviews and it also depends on if you want a IC or not. Rivas IC or RR IC.

I didn't want to cut a hole in my RXP so I went with the power flow pipe that replaces the stock hose. With this pipe I was only able to use the RR IC never the rivas as the plumbing kit wouldn't pass the power flow pipe.

With the thru hull you can use both IC's

I think they both sound great, with the thru hull not having a 3000 rpm tone. The perform is the same IMO.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    hey GEORXT!!!! glad to see you made it over here finally you are gonna love this site.

anyways... performance no difference. With the Rotax and Riva THRU HULL, you need to remove OPAS.

with the Rotax power flow, you can leaev OPAS installed.

the power flow has a louder resonance vibration typa thing giong on when you cruise at about 3,000 rpms...

they both will be the same loudness pretty much to spectators, but the power flow will be much louder (borderline annoying) to you, the rider.

the THRU_HULL requires you drill a new hole in the back of the ski... at the bottom of my post, click the "www" button... it'll take you to my picture album, and u can see the exhaust on my RXT.

the power flow requires that you rip out all the stock exhaust components after the waterbox, and then the pipe connects frmo the waterbox to the stock side-exit hole.

let us know if you are confused in anyway...

+1
    Great info. Thanks again.

If there is no real performance differece then I think I will go with the RR power flow. Defiantely a good thing about not having to drill a hole.

I think I will still remove the OPAS if I go with this one. Who would know? I did not want to remove it and now I cant wait to do it thanks to the good info you guys have given me.

Do I have to literally have to "rip out" the stock exhaust? I am kinda concerned about somthing happening to the ski and when I take it in for warranty they won't wanna do it because of the aftermarket parts. I would have to install all the factory parts back! It's a shame I dont have any of you 4-tec guru's here in miami to help me out!

+1
    Look at these's pics. You see the rubber hose there in the second picture? That comes out.
    Then the other pic shows the big plastic resonater. That comes out. Then you place the power flow pipe in there old places. You can only get the big plastic resonater out if you cut it with a sawzaw or remove the VTS and pull it out.
    Most cut it in half with a sawzaw as they don't have the VTS nut.

Hope that helps. If not let us know.

GeoRXT: welcome to the board dude! ...PR...

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    good advice from water4fire... but doesn't applt to us GEO... you can remove the wnetire ehxaust piece by piece without damaging anything... we have plenty of room and no VTS to worry about.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    good advice from water4fire... but doesn't applt to us GEO... you can remove the wnetire ehxaust piece by piece without damaging anything... we have plenty of room and no VTS to worry about.
    Crap I was thinking RXP!! Sorry. :P

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information