Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thumbs up 1994 Polaris 750 new to me!

I bought a ski above and have found this site very helpful. I just have a few questions about checking it out.
    First I would like to know how to run the motor out of the water. Is there an attachment I need to get?
    Second, I want to bypass the automatic oiler due to obvious conserns on the other pages i have read. Any tips on doing so?
    You have mentioned about replacing the CDI, Stator, and coil pack. were would be a good place to find these parts?
    Maintanence book is on its way! thank you

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dumplins192 View Post
    I bought a ski above and have found this site very helpful. I just have a few questions about checking it out.
    First I would like to know how to run the motor out of the water. Is there an attachment I need to get?
    Your dealer or any PWC accessory store will have or order you a flush kit. It will screw into the top cooling rail or in the water feed line from the pump.
    Remember start the engine
    Turn on water
    Shut off water
    Shut off engine
    Second, I want to bypass the automatic oiler due to obvious conserns on the other pages i have read. Any tips on doing so?
    Order yourself a block-off plate
    remove the oil pump
    disconnect the lines from the carbs or filter and cap off
    Install a 33 ohm resistor inbetween the lines going to the electricalbox from the oil level sensor.
    You have mentioned about replacing the CDI, Stator, and coil pack. were would be a good place to find these parts?
    The Fuji engines don't require the entire updated system and the failure rate is much less than that of the Domestic engine. Don't sweat it until you have a non start condition.
    Maintanence book is on its way! thank you
    If you get a chance, how about some photos??

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Yep ^^^^^^^. Oh, and welcome to the Hulk.

Thankyou for your answers. I have had a chance to work on it this morning and removed the oil tank and fuel tank. The fuel tank was full of old fuel and a lot of floating and sticky gunk at the bottlom. Found the fuel lines that enter the tank to be gone ( deteriated ) at the fuel line level of the tank. Theres a little round ball in by tank now that is magical. Won't come out any of the tank holes, how did they get it in there?
    Thanks guys for your help, i'll get some pics on here soon!! Thanks again!

Also, can you recommend a good online parts dealer for this ski? And where do if find a 33 ohm resistor?

+1
    Hmnnn, not sure what the ball is.
    That fuel crap deteriates the hoses to nothing-good find on preventing a running issue later. I'd pull the carb rack and give it a cleaning as well.
    In the "General Section" on a stickie we a have a couple of vendors listed.
    33 ohm resistor should be at any decent electronics store.
    Radio Shack
    Fry's

Work still in progress. The ball was the fuel level float, it finally came out through the fill hole. I soaked the tank and cleaned it out, putting it back in today. The fuel level gauge has a wire off at the bottom of the guage. I see they don't make the part anymore so i'll give it my best try to place the wire where i think it came from.
    Just checking with you, after the oil tank is removed, i place the wire on the resistor like you mentioned, then i mix the fuel at a 40:1 ratio right?
    While i'm working on the ski, is there any suggestions or tips you think i should upgrade parts on or inspect? I can't find the download wire from the camera so i can post pics. The ski was garaged for 8-9 yrs that i know of. Machanicals look untouched, ski is in good shape.
    One more question. THe trim motor, does the engine have to be running for the trim motor to operate. Mine isn't running yet and don't know if the trim works. thanks again!

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    PLEASE replace the fuel system on your ski if it sat for that long. Also THOROUGHLY clean your carbs. While the carbs are off check out the reeds for cracks or chips and replace if neccessary. Inside the fuel return hose, near the last carb is a small brass restrictor. It must be re-installed. And the trim will not work unless the engine is running.

I took out the oil tank and am not sure what to do with the rest of the oil lines and pump ect. Any recommendations?

you won't need the resistor if you don't have a digital gauge! the ball may be the old style fuel float the expanded

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information