GTI 130 vs 155 4-tec ?

Is the 155 worth the extra money? What about differences in speed, torque, reliability, fuel consumption?

Welcome to the forum .

I own a '06 GTI, the wife's ride, and 40+ hours later not a single problem. We actually wanted the SE model as it adds mirrors, speedo & boarding ladder as the major upgrades. However, dealer threw those items in free to make a sale so we took the deal.

You have 3 options for '07: the base GTI, the GTI SE & then the GTI SE 155. I'm not sure if 25 hp is worth an extra $700 but if I had this choice in '06 I probably would have chosen the 155, after all what's another $700? Whatever you decide don't get the GTI, it looks to plain w/o mirrors or speedo but that's just my opinion.

Performance wise my GTI averages 54 in the dead of heat with a full tank and has seen a high of 55.3 in not ideal conditions. I would expect the 155 version to run close to 60 in ideal conditions. It really just boils down to want you want. I can tell you that we use our GTI to tow the kids with no problem. I do like the black bottom for '06 & the 155 looks much better in person; the silver is actually like a metal-flake and looks really good. I asked the wife to upgrade but she sd no .

Good luck with your decision.

First post here for me, however I am in the same boat as you (no pun intended). I will be purchasing a 2007 GTI for myself in a few months. I have pretty much decided to go with the SE for the reasons mentioned above and to get the 155hp version. To me, the $700 now to upgrade 25hp is much better than the $1000+ to upgrade it at a later time. The resale will be much higher and the performance is worth it in my eyes. Be honest with your self, dont you want to go just a bit faster? Don't get me wrong, if you are trying to cut back on costs, then by all means get the GTI with only the 130 hp. It will be fun, and provide enough power to do basically everything you are going to ask it to do. But if you can spare that upgrade, then do it.

my .02

+1
    Can't comment on the power or top speed of it, but the 155hp 4-tec has proven to be VERY reliable and the 130 is just a de-tuned version of the 155.... so reliablity shouldn't be a concern at all.

I own an RXP and a 2001 RXDI (fuel injected 2 stroke). But may be I can help the GTI is going to be lighter or more playful I think, easy to whip around.

Riding the RXP vs my RXDI. RXP (supercharged fast but feels like a big brute). It's heavier by about 200 pounds compared to the RXDI. It is great in acceleration and stability compared to my 2 stroke jetski

The RXDI seems more nimble and agile, and I can do a lot more things on it (tricks). It is lighter and feels responsive.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but I think the majority of the people on the board are supercharged ski's. There's got to be some board members that have a none supercharged rxp though

I would think that If your looking for a little bit more speed and more stability in the water then the RXP (naturally aspirated) is for you. Don't expect to whip it around too much though. this ski is HEAVY.

The GTI I know is a lighter hull. If your an active seadooer, like to do tricks and take the turns, do 180's 360's in the water this might be the ski for you...

I've seen one member who owns a new GTI ski on this board maybe he'll chime in.

Anyways hope this helps.

you know really I'd like to know between the gti 155 hp vs the rxp 155 hp. I think it would be close. But I think between those two, I would be getting the gti 155 cause I know how fun it is with an agile ski.

Thanks

As a noob I have to say this site and you folks are awsome. Now you guys got me thinking about the RXP or a GTX. I turn 60 soon so I am not as interested in the 360`s. I love the speed and want to keep the top speed near my age. I am ridiing a 99 gtxrfi now and I am looking for 4 stroke, more stability and an easier ride in the chop.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by petegent8 View Post
    As a noob I have to say this site and you folks are awsome. Now you guys got me thinking about the RXP or a GTX. I turn 60 soon so I am not as interested in the 360`s. I love the speed and want to keep the top speed near my age. I am ridiing a 99 gtxrfi now and I am looking for 4 stroke, more stability and an easier ride in the chop.
    RXT, RXP, GTX Wake (with 215hp), or GTX Limited. If you want the performance you need the 215hp supercharged models Trust me, you'll love it.

Thread Information