Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Wow! Everybody missed it!

Beagleman posted the attached picture of a Green Kawi running at Lake Anna. I will repost the picture. Now, take a close look at the picture and look where the water is breaking. See how far back the water breaks. THAT'S WHERE IT IS AT BABY! That's why this ski is so fast. It is not because of all the little do dads (air breathers, BOVs, useless ride plates, sponsons) you have been reading about on this forum. This is the real deal! This team has figured out the secret! The formula is "less wetted surface", pure and simple. If I could get my nose out of the water and ride like this, I too would be running 70+.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Beagleman posted the attached picture of a Green Kawi running at Lake Anna. I will repost the picture. Now, take a close look at the picture and look where the water is breaking. See how far back the water breaks. THAT'S WHERE IT IS AT BABY! That's why this ski is so fast. It is not because of all the little do dads (air breathers, BOVs, useless ride plates, sponsons) you have been reading about on this forum. This is the real deal! This team has figured out the secret! The formula is "less wetted surface", pure and simple. If I could get my nose out of the water and ride like this, I too would be running 70+.
    WOW, is that why they lost at the Catalina Race?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammer 1 View Post
    I think the LB2CAT was won because of superior ocean riders, not because of a ski. Those boys from Texas can sure ride! Also, those RXTs were highly modified where as the Ultra is just starting to get its mods together. Give the Ultra another year and let's see what happens.

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    With rough water it's almost always 90% rider and 10% ski.

Yeah, 3rd sucks but give it another year. We may see a GH member place with a 250!

RESULTS OF THE 2007 LONG BEACH TO CATALINA RACE, CONGRATULATIONS NICK VANIS!:
    1. Nick Vanis of Vanick Racing - 1st place and new national champion - RXT
    2. Lee Phan of PWCOFFSHORE.COM/Catalina Racing - 2nd Place - RXT
    3. Michael Younts - 3rd place - ULTA 250X

Jammer stop being such a troll, it makes you look like a Jack/ass.
    You have been running around starting crap on the 250 board. Stop stirring the pot and go back to the gym.

Now say your sorry for high jacking the thread and acting a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post

Dont be fooled, its horse power pulling those boats up out of the water. Rudy has both of those monsters running new IC, Pulley, Injectors, Prop, Straight Exhaust and stock modded ride plates with do-dads. Thats alot of parts making the boat ride like that. Unless JR got the other Riva Plate and he ain't talking but I'm sure it was in Catalina this weekend.

Oh and why do you think the ride plate is useless?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Dont be fooled, its horse power pulling those boats up out of the water. Rudy has both of those monsters running new IC, Pulley, Injectors, Prop, Straight Exhaust and stock modded ride plates with do-dads. Thats alot of parts making the boat ride like that. Unless JR got the other Riva Plate and he ain't talking but I'm sure it was in Catalina this weekend.

I don't think JR had a Riva plate. Can't remember if it was modified and I looked at it
    From what I saw, JR is one hell of a rider. But I also saw the 2 Kawi's going through the turns, punching it , and walking away. You could hear the Seadoo's supercharger spinning up and down as they went through the turn. On the long stretches of the course, the Kawi's killed them.
    Last edited by Beagleman62; 07-23-2007 at 08:54 AM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post

Wow, you are opening up a Pandora’s Box here Skip! My background comes from racing boats since I was 16 years old. I am now 62… and believe me, I have paid my dues the hard way. I remember talking with pros regarding “horsepower and pushing bricks through the water”. The discussion generally went something like this: “Currently I am running a Cigarette with 600s and #4s and I am only getting 78mph. What do you think would happen if I change to 900s? You will probably run 79mph!” The point is that if you can’t get your hull right, the horsepower doesn’t mean sh*t. Many years ago I was standing near Ted O. Jones (designer of the unlimited hydroplane “Slo Motion” and “Miss Budweiser”) when he was talking to Garr Wood. Garr said to Ted, “We all know the real truth to get speed in through mega horsepower.” Ted responded, “Then why is it that my little boat here runs 80mph with 85hp and your boat needs 800hp to get the same result?” Gar was speechless!

I just had my GTX hill blue printed and it does make a difference… not a huge difference… but it makes difference.

I do know that horsepower makes a difference in PWC hulls because I added another 100hp to my GTX and it does feel a lot lighter. It does accelerate much better and it goes faster. But if the hull were really designed well using computer simulation techniques, it would probably still faster than it is now.

Don’t get me wrong… obviously, you are our resident pro when it comes to Ultras… and I respect that. However, I purchased Jim’s Ride Plate and I am disillusioned because it only got me less than 0.5mph increase in speed. My lake is a tough lake I’ll admit. I am turning 7,560 on a bad day and 7,680 on a good day. I didn’t pick up any rpms with the ride plate. When I hear that people gained 3mph from Jim’s ride plate I find it hard to believe! Maybe we did not install it correctly or maybe we need other mods that are needed to make the ride plate more effective? I wish I could find someone to bring my Ultra to make it really run?

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    I dont know of anybody getting 3 mph from any ride plate, I gained 1.6 mph from the ride plate, and 1.2 mph from the wedge.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information