1200 xlt perf???

hey guys new around here and new to the PWC stuff. 03 1200xlt free flow exhaust different reeds reed stuffers pod filters riva ride plate and intake grate just added a solas 13/19 and a protec head.. was't really to impressed with the change. has 120 and 90 jets in it the high speeds are like 2.5 turns out. I didnt use a tach just the stock junk speedo and my buddy has a gp1200 and when tuned to the max him and i were dead even. keep in mind his is stock. i know mine is heavier and all??? i dont know i just needed to rant...the rideplate is just bolted on too so i haven "tuned" it persay bc i dont know exactly what you guys shoot for. maybe a pic would help out...ok theres my rant help..comments etc etc much appreciated
    Greg

+1
    Lethal,

Check out my signature. I'm running 63 - quickest single pipers are in the mid to high 60's. These can be quick, but need lots of $$. The fastest XLT's are in the upper 70's with tripple pipes.

The jetting should be around 1.5 turns on the highs and 1.25 on the lows.

Hoping you have the PPK seal kit, intake grate, the D-plate as they are MUSTS on this machine.

Goto Riva's site and look at stage 1 and stage 2 to see what MPH you should be running.

Later,

Erric

Need for Speed

Lethal:

If you really want to get a handle on that big boat contact jims1300 at performance automotive in FL. he is in the Tuners section. Jim is a forum memberthat knows his stuff and I think he has one of the XLL or XLT running in the 70's. Jim is a straight shooter that does outstanding work and stands behind what he does.
    Last edited by injected2stroke; 07-23-2007 at 07:44 AM.

sounds good guys.. i appreciate the input and the stuff you mentioned is added too its basically a stage 2 i think..and its got the waveeater clip deal..
    Thanks again, greg

+1
    Lethal,
    Send your rideplate to Jim at Jims Performance, that will be the biggest bang for your buck right there. You will get 2+mph gain.

2 1/2 turns out on your highs sound more than a little much; have you checked your mixure by reading the plugs? You really need to buy a good tach to do it right.

Give Jim a call; he has a 99 XLL single pipe doing well over 70 with a rough water setup.

Ill get ahold of him then see what he has to offer for me..This weekend i plan on doing a good plug reading but i need to step the jets up further 2.5 out is way to much of a bandage..
    Greg

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by LETHAL RX7 View Post
    Ill get ahold of him then see what he has to offer for me..This weekend i plan on doing a good plug reading but i need to step the jets up further 2.5 out is way to much of a bandage..
    Greg
    Hello Greg, When your ready to mod your ski if you want give me a ring and we can go over on what you are looking to get out of your ski.

Thread Information