Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Impeller for 07 Challenger???

I have a new 07 Challenger and was wondering what would be the best impeller to go with for a little performance gain?
    I'm also gonna change the wear ring over to a stainless one when I change the impeller.
    Any info on what and where to purchase these would be greatly appreaciated.

I was wondering the same question from me too, i got an 05 SCIC and want to upgrade....any ideas with what...? (And what recommended pitch?)

Thanks.

I contacted solas today and they told me their best impeller would be an SRX-CD-14/19 for the Challenger w/o any mods. I guess this is suppose to be an all around improvement on low end and top end. I was hoping someone here could confirm that.

+1
    Cool,I'd like to know if that would work on my speedster 150.I hope I can get jerry to help with this one and see what he comes up with.

What do you have for engine(s)?

I did a lot of research and found out that Solas' website is wrong, so be careful. I found that if you have a non-SC 4-TEC engine to use the Solas Concord SR-CD 11/19 impeller. I put this on my 06' Utopia and the hole-shot is like a rocket ship; very impressive over stock and there's really no loss on the top end. Before I purchased them I contacted Solas and they recommended the SRX-CD 14/19 for my Utopia. What I learned through speaking with Solas is that they do not know which SeaDoo models are SC and which ones are not. They recommended the SRX-CD 14/19 to me because they thought my boat was SC'd. In addition they told me that my boat had 185 hp engines which is not true, they're 155 hp. I spoke to a number of companies that do modding and they recommended the following:

155 HP non-SC, use impeller SR-CD-11/19
    215 HP SC, use impeller SRX-CD-14/19

As far as the wear ring, there are no SS available for the non-SC engines. If you need to see the tools/items I purchased for the overhaul of the my pumps here's the thread:

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=29837

I purchased all my items through Parker Yamaha (cheapest I could find.) I hope this helps and good luck.
    Last edited by spd5535; 07-23-2007 at 10:35 PM.

+1
    How much for the solas 11/19 impeller,also need the I.D. and O.D. of the wear ring.

I paid $211 each for the impellers. As far as the wear rings, I don't have the specs on them but below is the link for the replacements:

http://www.parkeryamaha.com/index.as...D&ProdID=27383

This winter I was going to pull my pumps apart and get the wear rings out. I was going to see if there would be any interest of the other 4-TEC non-SC'd owners on this forum to do a mass order of SS wear rings. Nobody makes them yet but one of my relatives is in the machining business. I was going to give him my wear ring for reference because he said that he could machine them for us but it's cheaper the more he makes. So if anybody is interested , send me a line and we'll get something going.

Thanks a lot for your help with the 215HP SCIC Challenger impeller question, now i know i need that 14/19 one...!!!

Jerry got me the 14/19 solas.............Better hole shot and 4-5mph more topend. YEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAWWWWW!!!!!!

hmmm

Cool that there is another 07 challenger owner with a stock boat. I will be interested to see how you mod your boat, if at all. I am thinking about intake myself.

I put in the 13/18 solas and SS wear ring. My only mods. I have now 2 hours on the boat. The 13/18 actually cost me between 3-4 mph top end. Hole shot was indeed improved, but I actually lost top end.

What rpm are you running with the 14/19. Also, are you past your 10 hour service?

I am getting about about 7550 with the 13/18 this weekend at full throttle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information