2007 GTX oil change, First ski

I had my 10 service done at the dealer, now I have 30 hrs & am thinking oil change. I know the book says 100 hrs, but at the FREEDOM RIDE some guys were saying to change it more often. My questions: should I use Seadoo oil or can I use auto 10/40, do I change the filter each time if I change every 25 hrs. Also, what filters are yous guys using, and how about an oil extractor?

Quote Originally Posted by alrock View Post
    I had my 10 service done at the dealer, now I have 30 hrs & am thinking oil change. I know the book says 100 hrs, but at the FREEDOM RIDE some guys were saying to change it more often. My questions: should I use Seadoo oil or can I use auto 10/40, do I change the filter each time if I change every 25 hrs. Also, what filters are yous guys using, and how about an oil extractor?
    Welcome to the board alrock!!!
    IMHO, No automotive oils!!! any aftermarket oil needs to be JASO MA/MA2...
    Personnally I change the filter with every oil change. You can buy a K&N oil filter here in the GH online store or the OEM filter at dealers or online as well...
    Tempo Oil Boy Oil extractor... found at west marine, boatersworld, etc...

Do you have a NA GTX or GTX SC model? and if the SC model, did you replace the ceramics with steel washers, this is a must!...alot of 2007 SC ski`s are having SC failures early in life, like almost right after the 10 hour service. Don`t mean to scare you, but do a search on here and read some of these important threads...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 07-23-2007 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks. How often do you change the oil? I don't see NA or SC on any of my papers. The ski is a PW GTX 1503 CB.

Ok, I got it now. SC is supercharged and NA is Naturally aspirated, I think. I'm NA.

Quote Originally Posted by alrock View Post
    Ok, I got it now. SC is supercharged and NA is Naturally aspirated, I think. I'm NA.
    look under the seat, if you don`t see a supercharger mounted to the rear of the engine, you don`t have one...
    For my own reasons, I still change my oil out at 25 hours even tho I use really good synthetic oil. You can use the BRP synthetic since you don`t have a SC, or a good synthetic from Amsoil for NA engines... The oil concern is primarily for the SC engines and clutch slippage/issues...PR...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 07-23-2007 at 02:05 PM.

+1
    The NA GTX with the 155hp non supercharged engine can use any quality automotive 10-40w oil. No need to spend extra $$ on the Sea-doo brand or on Amsoil. I use Quaker State 100% synthetic in my wifes GTX but Pennsoil or Mobil 1 are also excellent choices. I change the oill and filter every 40- 50 hours although synthetic can go to 100 hours with no worries.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by way2fast View Post
    The NA GTX with the 155hp non supercharged engine can use any quality automotive 10-40w oil. No need to spend extra $$ on the Sea-doo brand or on Amsoil. I use Quaker State 100% synthetic in my wifes GTX but Pennsoil or Mobil 1 are also excellent choices. I change the oill and filter every 40- 50 hours although synthetic can go to 100 hours with no worries.

Richard
    is it a NA model?
    yup, ya learn something new here every day! Thanks Richard...PR...

Thread Information