Tool rental or loan

S/C blew up and need to pull engine to get to then front cover do I really need the drive shaft tool or can I do with out if I need it can some one loan me theres or rent dealer says 40 dollar tool is 2weeks backordered sux!!

You can remove it without the tool if it isn't corroded. Can be done with one person, but much easier with two.

+1
    Jimmie

It's quite easy actually - check the how to section - No tool is needed Just picked up my Riva stuff - waiting for the Rude charger - Talked with eric about the SC bearings - There are better bearings - The oil upgrade modification to the PTO should solve all.

Tim

Yea tim I was talking to him to. I think the new bearings should be the answer we will see !!you first though!!!!

Can slide the hat back but cant get to the clip I need the tool can some one lend me theres I will buy it if need be !! or does any one of the venders have it in stock???

you can do it. I had my doubts the first time as well. You left your pump installed right?

make sure you are pulling on the floating ring or collar and that the driveshaft isn't moving. If your driveshaft is moving you may need a light tap with a rubber mallet or some penetrating spray like KB Blaster

the collar moves but ther shaft pulls back not all the way but enough that I cant get to the clipI put lube inthere and the collar does move I guess I dont have the ability to pull it back and hold with one hand and remove the clip I need 6 hands or one 40 dollar tool. Does the tool look like a two forcked pliars????

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    JimC... try stuffing the impeller splines with a small rag and then reinstall the pump. This will put some pressure on the drive shaft and keeps it from sliding back while you are tugging on the collar.

I had my doubts also, but the collar eventually popped back and gave me access to the c-clip.

Another method is to lift the engine slightly with the hoist and move it forward a couple of inches (thanks for that tip, shibby).

Jeff

Got a look at the factory tool and got up this morning and made one and it poped right off thanks for the encouragment guys!!!!

Thread Information