Riva thru hull transparent/translucent?

Check this out when I first saw this it freaked me out. Even though the Riva thru hull plastic pipe is black, you can see light thru it
    While I was re-installing the pipe, I had a drop light in the hull to align the outlet/coupler connection, after doing so, I hopped off the ski to tighten the t-bolt clamp thru the opas opening, while making adjustments, I`m looking in the outlet and I can see light and said WTF! I stuck the flourescent drop light into the outlet, shut off the shop lights and looked in the hull, You Can SEE the light coming thrull the pipe like a Christmas bulb ...PR...

Re: Riva thru hull transparent/translucent?

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider
    Check this out when I first saw this it freaked me out. Even though the Riva thru hull plastic pipe is black, you can see light thru it
    While I was re-installing the pipe, I had a drop light in the hull to align the outlet/coupler connection, after doing so, I hopped off the ski to tighten the t-bolt clamp thru the opas opening, while making adjustments, I`m looking in the outlet and I can see light and said WTF! I stuck the flourescent drop light into the outlet, shut off the shop lights and looked in the hull, You Can SEE the light coming thrull the pipe like a Christmas bulb ...PR...
    a plastic pipe on a exhaust River should give all of us that bought this a compensation and more important pay for the cost when your pwc was completly flooded like it happen to me .. but really plastic on a exhaust.......................................

Seen the same thing on a Riva exhaust before. It was to expensive to send it back from down here so had it plastic welded. Don`t run it like that PR, your ski fills up real fast when it melts through!

+1
    I have been running the plastic pipe in my ski with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by CRS
    Seen the same thing on a Riva exhaust before. It was to expensive to send it back from down here so had it plastic welded. Don`t run it like that PR, your ski fills up real fast when it melts through!
    This Riva pipe is brand new!

I know you didn`t have any issues with your pipe Jerry, I was just surprised That light was able to illuminate thru a black tube ...PR...

This one was brand new too! Noticed the transparancy as soon as it was taken out of the box.

Quote Originally Posted by CRS
    This one was brand new too! Noticed the transparancy as soon as it was taken out of the box.
    What exactly did you see on yours and how did you find it?...PR...

It was pretty easy to see that it was very thin (transparent) around where the little fitting is at the hull end of the pipe.

CRS: I have to say that the pipe is pretty even, the transparency was even no matter how the light fit in there, just like a christmas bulb, I did look for thinner spots, it`s hooked up now, so atleast I`m going to try it out and check tube temps...PR...

Thread Information