Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Polaris 750Sl

1995 Polaris 750sl Mikuni Install

Hi,

Hopefully somebody can help. I am trying to install a Mikuni Triple Pump on my 1995 750SL Polaris and here are my questions:

1) Do you have to install the pump in a lower location or is the stock location ok?
    2) Where do I get the BRASS fittings to block off the fuel feed from CARB to CARB?
    3) Where do I get the fuel restrictor that is needed?
    4) What size fuel lines should I use from pump to carb?
    5) Should I re-do all fuel lines?
    6) I have 3 kids, how do I find the time to do any of this (HAHAHA)?

Your help is appreciated.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by trentgstl View Post
    Hi,

Hopefully somebody can help. I am trying to install a Mikuni Triple Pump on my 1995 750SL Polaris and here are my questions:

1) Do you have to install the pump in a lower location or is the stock location ok?
    You will get better results with the pump lower in the hull.
    It's closer to the pulse fitting, less vibration for better pumping action etc..
    2) Where do I get the BRASS fittings to block off the fuel feed from CARB to CARB?
    I use primer plugs from Brian at Ultimate or Randy at Watcon.
    3) Where do I get the fuel restrictor that is needed?
    If it's not in the old hose, check with your local dealer.
    4) What size fuel lines should I use from pump to carb?
    It should all be 1/4 inch fuel line, don't go cheap with the line.
    5) Should I re-do all fuel lines?
    Indeed, the old stuff kinks, cracks, swells and whatever else, new is a great idea. Replace the lines in the tank if applicable.
    6) I have 3 kids, how do I find the time to do any of this (HAHAHA)?
    hehe, late at night.

Your help is appreciated.
    WELCOME to the Green Hulk Forums!!

Polaris 750Sl
    Hey,

Thanks a lot.....I will have to Call one of those guys...Do you have their numbers and do they accept paypal or credit cards?

+1
    I don't have their numbers but I do have their links and they both take credit cards.

www.watcon.com Randy
    www.ultimatewatercraftperformance.com

Polaris 750Sl
    ok...thanks....I might be here a lot in the next few weeks...I was given the ski from my brother who didn't want to fix it up.

Another question:
    How do I go about changing to PRE-MIX instead of using the oil pump. I have read a little and most people suggest this...DO YOU? If so, where do I find a kit to do it?

+1
    Personally I only go pre-mix with my performance stuff and that's mainly because I feel safer running it at 32:1 versus 40:1 which is aprox. what the pump delivers.
    I even run my Matrix with the oil injection system and it's 80 hours strong.
    I do replace my oil pumps every 5 years so that I know they are good.
    It seems the lower HP PWC I own are ridden by everybody so I like to keep it simple.

hey....i bought a oil block off kit for my polaris off the internet you can find them just about anywhere if you cant find on on the internet you can prolly get one from the dealer....but all the are is a plate with two bolts so you can remove the pump you could prolly rig one up your self......hope this helps......

pepp101

Polaris 750Sl

thans

ok...so the Oil Block Mod sounds easy...but it is just as easy to buy a pump every 5 years. I am torn between the two ideas.

I would rather keep it stock if I don't need the Block Kit. I will just buy a new pump and good to go right? I see pumps online, but they are always used and who knows? I just like the idea of not ever worrying about the pump.

By the way,....the gas display always shows empty. I see that is a common problem. Should I just buy a used sending unit or do I just need one part of the sending unit. I found a couple on EBAY cheap for the fuel sending unit.

Thanks for the other info...I contacted Randy earlier by email and I am waiting for a reply.

You need a new float for the MFD.

Before ghoing to far in this project I suggest that you Verify the cylinder compression on your machine. shoiuld be about 125 PSI on all 3.

Oil pump removal and block off --See article in Tech Section- Not an easy task unless you have patience.

Polaris 750Sl

I know

I have a friend that is going to test compression this week. My brother last ran the ski about 1.6 years ago. At that time it had a new battery, new tuned and cleaned carbs and new oil in it. He said it ran perfect. I have read all about the compression problem on this site. I am going to do that first. I wanted to get kind of an idea on what is involved, if the compression is good, to get this ski going. The reason I am doing any of this is that I rode the ski 2 years ago and was impressed with it. All my friends have big giant new SKI's and they handle like crap but are "FAST". I like the manuverability of this Polaris, Very easy to jump waves, whip out and stuff like that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information