Thread: OverHeat Alarm

OverHeat Alarm

Hey guys.....

My bro has a bone stock GP1300(07) and has been having some issues this past weekend.... apparently he was out yesterday and it rang an overheat alarm during a normal ride, which can be hard at times due to ride style, and he shut it off, let it cool down and went on his way. Within the hour it did it again . He has never had this happen before and it was not excessively hot yesterday(80 degrees or so). He came to me for advice but I have a Seadoo RXT so I don't know the first thing about two strokes/ c converters, etc.

One thingI thought was he just put a new Jettrim seat cover on, but I am not familiar with the ability to drain air through the yama seats stock....

Tried doing a search but didn't find anything conclusive....

You guys have any ideas as to what may cause this, were he should start looking, etc... and to be honest this is something I think he should have taken care of ASAP cause he wants to throw a stage one on it....

I really appreciate any input on this one..... cause again I am clueless.

+1
    What was flashing or what code ?

I have seen folks suck mud up into the pump and clog the pump strainer... causes the engine to overheat due to lack of cooling water.

When I had this happen to me it was because the hose came off in the back. I did exactly when your brother did trying to get back to the dock and I ended up buring up my motor. This was before I had touched the ski mod wise. So be careful!

Intersting.....

Well all he told me(WFO) was that his dash was indicating the ski was overheating, never mentioned anything about a code.....

We have them on Jetdocks in a bay that is very murky/muddy/weedy.... wonder if he sucked anything into the pump.... very possible.... how would I check to see on this model ski????

I will also have a look at his hoses and what not to make sure they are all still attached....

I haven't gotten a chance to go check because it is down pouring here in rochester but when I do I will check....

If you guys think of anything else that might cause this I would appreciate it because the closest dealer I trust is at least and hour or two away.... really appreciate it!!!

My advice is see if you can fix it. If you can't find a problem then always ride in pairs. Last thing you want is the ski to sink or overheat when no one else is around.

You can check the strainer in the pump. It is on the left side of the ski on the side of the pump. You can take it out by removing the four bolts and pulling the plastic strainer out.

Is the ski taking on any water? My ski was sinking and over heating.

My 07 1300 did that when I installed the D plate then I put the plug in resistor and it stopped

+1
    Jay, how many hours on the ski? D-plate or cat?

My '06 will send both overheat warnings (everything short of a picture of an egg frying on the motor) every hour when the counter got to xx.2hrs. I have the d-plate with stock sensors plugged in.

My solution was to unplug the buzzer and I almost ran out of oil

+1
    Weeds in the pump?

Thread Information